Impartial Review result and what to do next?

Almost_Separated

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am being boarded for a neurological condition that is called Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. Prior to my package getting sent to the IPEB I requested an impartial review of my records in hopes they would add my back injury for the IPEB to evaluate. I wanted my back added to the evaluation because it is the most duty limiting condition I have. Even my Commander's Letter expresses the restrictions my back has on my duty performance. I have been on a profile for my back since August of last year and mobility restrictions for this condition since September of last year specifically for my back. In addition to expressing my neurological condition in the narrative summary my doctor also mentioned the impact my back injury has. However, it never made it onto my 618. My hope was that the impartial review would fix this issue. My PEBLO expressed that the impartial reviewer wrote an addendum for the NARSUM expressing my back pain, but that they didn't feel it was necessary to add it to the 618. I have a meeting with her tomorrow to go over the results. Would this addendum be sufficient for the IPEB to rate my back as unfit or fit, or does my back injury need to be on the 618?

Thank you in advance for any guidance into this situation!

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I would not be completely confident that the IPEB will find the condition unfitting. You may have to request a formal board if this happens.

Almost_Separated

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I would not be completely confident that the IPEB will find the condition unfitting. You may have to request a formal board if this happens.
So they will usually only rate what is provided to them on the 618 then? And if so then requesting a formal board could provide another means to add conditions to the 618?

Almost_Separated

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Heard back from the Flight Surgeon today. He was the doctor that was assigned to evaluate the rebuttal letter for my Impartial Review of the MEB's findings. He wrote a detailed response explaining that my back condition will be added to the 618 in order to be evaluated by the IPEB. So my 618 has two conditions listed now instead of just the one :) Success!!!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">