In the Line of Duty ILOD if you don't have an LOD

brianmatt31

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hi yall. I wanted to post this for anyone having issues with getting an LOD for each injury you have done while in the military.
I have found while I'm going through this IDES process for Diabetes at 17 years active service that the VA and the folks running the IDES always ask about where is the LOD and is it in eprofile. I've had many vocal fights at Camp Atterbury due to this. For AGR Soldiers the National Guard doesn't do a LOD. We are told to go see our civilian doctor. As for me being in this IDES process the only way to fix not having an LOD/2173 form is to have an ILOD memo signed by my Commander. So I'm attaching a copy of one of mine so that you have a format if your State JFHQ Health Services doesn't do this for you and your Soldiers. This ILOD is accepted by the VA and MEB/PEB boards. I only had one for my referred condition of Diabetes but since I have typed up one each for all 26 conditions so that there is no question that all of mine issues are from my deployments and service. As you read through the paragraphs you'll see specific verbiage that the VA is looking for. You'll just have to input an Office symbol, header, your name and conditions. Also for one of the paragraphs if you are not an AGR you'll need to change the Title 32 stuff to the dates of your injury and include that you was at IDT on orders or at Fort Knox in a training status, etc.

Attachments

Jolly cheese

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
w up from a couple of years ago I know understand all of your advice. I did get put back on flight status in the ANG and deployed in 2016. I was scheduled to deploy again June 2017 but was taken off the deployment after a medical review. I don’t take any medications for the depression and it was eventually waived. This time I had a diagnosis of GAD that I didn’t realize my doctor had put down. No medicines but just the fact of having GAD I am grounded.
I see a psychiatrist privately and have been diagnosed with clinical depression, anxiety, r/o PTSD, r/o bipolar. This will disqualify me and an MEB will be done if I start medications.

My question is how do I get anyone to a LOD for mental health? The VA will relate it to my military service but not my unit? 14 years active duty, 7 Deployments, 800 combat flight hours, 27 good years

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">