script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

INCAP pay ANG

Hawkeye99

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Figured this might be the best thread to post this in. I’m wondering if incap pay covers military pay for time periods when taken off orders due to injury/illness in LOD when should have been kept on orders.

I’ll try to be as brief as possible. I incurred my Meniere’s condition while on RPA orders 1 Jan 13 to 19 May 13 but was diagnosed as Vertigo while on those orders. Those orders were cut short on 19 May because of some 139 day PCS rule, so I was told. Note: I was essentially TDY on these orders (lodging, per diem, etc.).

I was given the opportunity to go on MPA orders starting 1 Jun 13 at a different AF base as long as I moved my residence to a local address near the base where duty is to be performed. (Where I am on orders now). I was officially diagnosed with Meniere’s in July 13, which caused a code 37 and eventually a MEB started when my LOD came back approved in November.

During the last gov shutdown, I ended up being taken off orders from 1 Oct thru 23 Oct. I filed IG complaints and a congressional in an attempt to get backpay for the time off orders. The congressional came back and the AF liaison office didn’t even mention the first set of orders I was on, but they did state that I could use Incap Pay to get back pay (milpay) for the periods I was taken off orders. Does anyone know if that is possible? From what I’ve been reading, it seems that incap pay is only for civilian earnings, not milpay.

Ed Mercanti

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Figured this might be the best thread to post this in. I’m wondering if incap pay covers military pay for time periods when taken off orders due to injury/illness in LOD when should have been kept on orders.

I’ll try to be as brief as possible. I incurred my Meniere’s condition while on RPA orders 1 Jan 13 to 19 May 13 but was diagnosed as Vertigo while on those orders. Those orders were cut short on 19 May because of some 139 day PCS rule, so I was told. Note: I was essentially TDY on these orders (lodging, per diem, etc.).

I was given the opportunity to go on MPA orders starting 1 Jun 13 at a different AF base as long as I moved my residence to a local address near the base where duty is to be performed. (Where I am on orders now). I was officially diagnosed with Meniere’s in July 13, which caused a code 37 and eventually a MEB started when my LOD came back approved in November.

During the last gov shutdown, I ended up being taken off orders from 1 Oct thru 23 Oct. I filed IG complaints and a congressional in an attempt to get backpay for the time off orders. The congressional came back and the AF liaison office didn’t even mention the first set of orders I was on, but they did state that I could use Incap Pay to get back pay (milpay) for the periods I was taken off orders. Does anyone know if that is possible? From what I’ve been reading, it seems that incap pay is only for civilian earnings, not milpay.

Incap pay is a two tier system. If you can't work your civilian job but CAN perform your military duties, you are paid your lost civilian wages up to your military pay and allowances. If you can't perform your normal military duties, then you are paid your full military pay and allowances, less any other income earned.