Increasing Army Rating After Being MEB'd

Armygeddan

Registered Member
Hello,

Long story short, I was MEB'd out of the Army as a 11B in February of 2016.
I initially got out with a 20% from the Army and a 90% from the VA.

After a few VA Claims Post Military, I got my Ratings increased by the VA to 100% Permanent and Total.
I did not have anything new added to my VA Items List but just had my Ratings increased to get bumped to 100% P&T.

One of the main additions was that my PTSD got changed to Combat Related and increased from 10-20% (Not sure how to check what I initially got out with) to now 50%.

I got MEB'd for Patellar Tendonitus in both my Knees (10% each)

Would the increases to my other symptoms such as TBI & PTSD warrant a potential Army Rating increase?

I have submitted a claim to the Army Review Board and I got a Letter that it can take up to 2 years for them to look at my case.

All I included was my DD-214 and my new VA Ratings (Attached) which I hope warrant an increase.

Reason for my post is I'm wondering if people can get an increase to their Army Rating through this method and if the PTSD/TBI alone could be used as the evidence?
Or is there anything else I should submit to my case? I know there's an email I can send additional evidence to if needed.

Appreciate any responses in advance such as personal accounts if anyone has had a similar case

Attachments

• Full VA Ratings.pdf
    174.8 KB · Views: 6
DoD doesn't increase ratings that get worse over time. DoD ratings are based on your condition at the time of separation/retirement. If you were not properly rated at the time of discharge and have evidence, then DoD can change a rating.

So you think there's a chance that with the evidence I submitted that they could increase?

It's only been almost 3 years, small small for something to drastically worsen so maybe they'd consider that I didn't get properly rated at the time?

Can PTSD/TBI be used as a reason for a Discharge from the Army during a MEB? Wondering if those should have been considered as factors during my MEB because I don't believe the Army used them, only my Patellar Tendonitus of my Knees

So you think there's a chance that with the evidence I submitted that they could increase?

It's only been almost 3 years, small small for something to drastically worsen so maybe they'd consider that I didn't get properly rated at the time?

Can PTSD/TBI be used as a reason for a Discharge from the Army during a MEB? Wondering if those should have been considered as factors during my MEB because I don't believe the Army used them, only my Patellar Tendonitus of my Knees

I say you have no chance you stated even the PTSD was initially rated low by the VA supporting the DOD decision to determine that it wasn't an unfitting condition or rated above 0-10% not enough for a retirement. As stated by Charlie the DOD will only rate at the time of discharge the VA can rate anytime but the VA will stand behind its decision to initially award you the low percentage for PTSD and you got worst over the years so they increased it.

Last edited: