Increasing VA disability rating before MEB

FSI1212

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I've been told by the base psychologist that I am more than likely looking at an MEB. I have a 10% depression disability from active duty. I deployed as a reservist this past April and returned after only 5 days in country due to major depressed mood and suicidal ideation. While I was deployed and ever since have been struggling even worse with depression and now anxiety as well. I've had to take days off from my civilian job (about once or twice a week) due to my days of severe depression and anxiety. Before deployment, it wasn't like that. Can I request an increase in disability from the VA and then go through the MEB? Or should I just wait for the MEB? If I can request an increase now, how do I go about doing that? Thanks.

FSI1212

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thanks for the form. So would it be ok if I requested an increase before the MEB or should I just wait for them to do it as part of the process.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">