Info on VARR

usmc2651usa73a

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have been told I am unfit, but I am still awaiting my DA 199. I have also been told my proposed ratings and I disagree with three of them. Will there be information given to me as to why the VA rated unfitting conditions like they did? I am just trying to get a head start on my VARR request information gathering.

Last edited:

tony292

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
What you’ll want to do is to get copies of the CP exams and fomore them to the VASRD.

this is my example, a VARR for
Mental health that worked. I was increased from 50% to 70%.

usmc2651usa73a

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I got copies when I got my MEB findings. I raised concerns with my MSC, but was told it would not matter. Well it does. I contacted OSC but they said I had to wait until I get my PEB findings back before I could start to work with them. There are obvious errors on my CP exams that appear to have caused me to go from 100% to 40%. Most obvious is the use of Humira for psoriasis. The DBQ placed Humira under "other medications" stated it was taken "orally". I was given 0% for psoriasis when it should have been 60% for use of biologic constantly for over a year.

usmc2651usa73a

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thanks Tony292, I was actually using your example as a template. At any point did you get information on why the VA rated you as they did? I keep trying to get the VA to send me the proposed ratings package in the hopes that it will show their justification, but they keep telling me that I am in IDES and they cannot send it even after my PEBLO has said they will mail me a copy. I feel that information will be very important to my VARR request as I am unsure exactly why they rated things the way the did when there appears to be ample evidence to support much higher ratings even with the poorly completed DBQs.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">