informal LOD National Guard

Pyro

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The only thing close I know of is called an Interim LOD.

brianmatt31

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
does anyone have any info on informal LODs a reg or something
This is what my state uses. I'm a AGR so the National Guard does not do LODs on us. Not sure why but any way this is what we type up that takes the place of the 2173 LOD. This is the Presumed ILOD.

Attachments

Pyro

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
AGR's are alway ILOD, part timers not so much. Gotta convince them.

Jolly cheese

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have a question on ILOD for Guard Reserve. I am being MEB for major depression and anxiety. 14 years active duty, 27 total. 7 Deployments. Can even get a LOD if you were not on orders when it was diagnosed? VA gives 40 % rating and it military related, but my unit has no LOD in my file. I deployed one more time with a waiver, but no I require meds for anxiety which makes me unfit for aviation

FloridaInjuredInCombat

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
AR 600-8-4 is the reg. you're looking for. Look at tables 3-1 and 3-2 for the timelines given to complete each step. For an Informal LOD, it is to be fully completed within 40 Calendar days TOTAL.

If you LOD injury prevents you from working in your Civilian job, and/or being able to perform drills, you should REQUEST INCAP (Incapacitation Pay) in writing through your Unit CO. The reg for that is AR 135-381, and more importantly the instructions and guidelines listed in DA PAM 135-381.

If you're going for INCAP pay, that's where an INTERIM LOD comes in, it's written by your Unit CO to cover the period of time between the injury and the completion of the LOD for the sole purpose of allowing your INCAP pay to begin within the 30 days required for it to start.

If you've got any questions, post them here or feel free to PM me.

Hope this helps...

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">