Tinybutcher

Registered Member
Does anyone know what a Interim Review Panel is for? I got a call saying that the Invisible Wounds Program reviewed my case and are sending a recommendation up to the informal board.

@Tinybutcher,

The Interim Review Panel is a relatively new initiative by the Air Force (January 2017), as part of its Invisible Wounds of War (IW) program. Basically, an Interim Review Panel looks at the care and treatment you've received before you get referred to the IPEB, specifically for PTSD or TBI. They try to make sure that you received proper, evidence-based care throughout your treatment history.

They then send their report over to the IPEB, along with some recommendations. My sense of how the program is going is that it's been a good oversight initiative for the Air Force, to make sure they're doing what they can to get you better before you get referred to the PEB. If they think there have been deficiencies in your care, they'll tell the Board that. They also report back to your treating facility on whether they think your doctors did a good enough job.

-Matt