IPEB Results

So, after starting this process in Nov 2018, I got my proposed ratings yesterday.

DoD: Permanent 60%
VA: 100%
Not Combat-related

Didn't make it to a full retirement, when all is said and done I'll have 16 AFS and 20 for pay (had some reserve time early on in my career). Meeting with Legal to review next week and PEBLO to sign the 199 then immediately to the Retirement Services Office on post. A few notes after reviewing the VA ratings estimate of my conditions:

1. Painful motion for joints will get rated at least the minimum rating (more if there is a decrease in ROM).
2. Even if the VA examiner does not annotate conditions correctly the board should review your STR (Service Treatment Record), NARSUM, and any off-post medical records before making a determination. (I was certain after my VA exam that I would be filing a VARR/ even had the memo typed and ready with substantiating records to support my claim). After my initial review, I am pleased with the outcome but will have Legal review to make sure I didn't miss anything.
3. List everything, I mean everything that was potentially aggravated from your military service.
4. Each case timeline is different/ each location is different. I had multiple issues and my timeline was 90 days from unfit notice to receiving VA ratings.
5. You can have more than 1 condition that is unfitting. I had one condition that initiated the MEB but after reviewing my records and treatment the MEB Dr. added additional unfitting conditions.
6. Utilize the resources/ Military Regulations on this forum to educate yourself on the process, how to navigate this process, and reach out to others if you have specific questions. This site helped me tremendously and I am grateful for this resource.

So, after starting this process in Nov 2018, I got my proposed ratings yesterday.

DoD: Permanent 60%
VA: 100%
Not Combat-related

Didn't make it to a full retirement, when all is said and done I'll have 16 AFS and 20 for pay (had some reserve time early on in my career). Meeting with Legal to review next week and PEBLO to sign the 199 then immediately to the Retirement Services Office on post. A few notes after reviewing the VA ratings estimate of my conditions:

1. Painful motion for joints will get rated at least the minimum rating (more if there is a decrease in ROM).
2. Even if the VA examiner does not annotate conditions correctly the board should review your STR (Service Treatment Record), NARSUM, and any off-post medical records before making a determination. (I was certain after my VA exam that I would be filing a VARR/ even had the memo typed and ready with substantiating records to support my claim). After my initial review, I am pleased with the outcome but will have Legal review to make sure I didn't miss anything.
3. List everything, I mean everything that was potentially aggravated from your military service.
4. Each case timeline is different/ each location is different. I had multiple issues and my timeline was 90 days from unfit notice to receiving VA ratings.
5. You can have more than 1 condition that is unfitting. I had one condition that initiated the MEB but after reviewing my records and treatment the MEB Dr. added additional unfitting conditions.
6. Utilize the resources/ Military Regulations on this forum to educate yourself on the process, how to navigate this process, and reach out to others if you have specific questions. This site helped me tremendously and I am grateful for this resource.
CONGRATS and good information good luck on your new journey