IPEB Vote?

Hey everyone, current AD Army here.
I’m currently in the PEB process and I had sent an email to my PEBLO asking where I was sitting at and she informed me that my case is currently on vote 1. I feel like this is something I should know but I’m at a loss. What does this mean?

Hey everyone, current AD Army here.
I’m currently in the PEB process and I had sent an email to my PEBLO asking where I was sitting at and she informed me that my case is currently on vote 1. I feel like this is something I should know but I’m at a loss. What does this mean?
Hello @Neeko0100 ,

"Vote 1" sounds like jargon to me; however, I did not go through the disability process.

Why not ask her? She could offer the best explanation of the use of that term.

Good luck,
Ron

Hello all. I spoke to my PEBLO today. She said the same thing. I asked her to explain what that was. She stated that in the IPEB, the packet is sent to one person who will review everything. And "cast a vote...." Fit, unfit... and then the packet is sent to the second person to cast vote 2. This person will agree or disagree with the vote 1's determination. If both agree, then the packet goes to the next step for processing correctness and signatures. If they disagree, then a third person reviews and is a tie breaker. Once everything is decided, it all goes to the next step for processing correctness and signatures. I hope this helps.

You have to love jargon. Thanks for clarify. I suspect this is an artifact of distance working as a result of COVID.

Hello all. I spoke to my PEBLO today. She said the same thing. I asked her to explain what that was. She stated that in the IPEB, the packet is sent to one person who will review everything. And "cast a vote...." Fit, unfit... and then the packet is sent to the second person to cast vote 2. This person will agree or disagree with the vote 1's determination. If both agree, then the packet goes to the next step for processing correctness and signatures. If they disagree, then a third person reviews and is a tie breaker. Once everything is decided, it all goes to the next step for processing correctness and signatures. I hope this helps.
That makes sense. It was on vote 1 on NOV 3 then moved to vote 2 on NOV 19 and as of NOV 23 my DA 199 is being typed..... I don’t expect it to be too much longer before I get that back. Fingers crossed.

Yeah... mine was at vote 1 on 12 Nov and is still at vote 1.... not sure what's going on. But with the holidays, I know that will slow things down.

Yeah... mine was at vote 1 on 12 Nov and is still at vote 1.... not sure what's going on. But with the holidays, I know that will slow things down.
I think the first vote might be the longest.... maybe that person goes through the case in depth? Hopefully you’ll hear something by the end in this week.

An excerpt from this document talks about the composition of the Army PEB board members:

The PEB, composed of a field grade president and personnel management officer and medical member, initially conducts an informal adjudication. This is a records review of the MEBD and applicable personnel documents without the soldier present. The informal decision is forwarded to the PEBLO for counseling of the soldier.

The three members are the "vote 1, vote 3, vote 3" ya'll are talking about. It is probably taking longer because the members are possibly teleworking and communicating between the members is taking a little while.

Update.
07 DEC 20: Received my DA 199. 40% DoD 90% VA.

Signed it and sent it back today. PEBLO told me she was going to send it to PDA tomorrow morning and should have a NLT date by the end of the week.

Awesome! The last word I got was from this past Thursday. I'm still at vote 1. I've been there since 12 Nov. No telling when it will move.

I received an email yesterday from my PEBLO. I have finally moved from vote 1 to vote 2. So lets see how long the vote 2 takes.

Hello all, I am in the "typing" phase now. I was told that PEB requested and received VA ratings as of 16Dec. I still have no idea if I am fit or unfit. I am guessing that since the PEB requested that information, that I am found unfit? What are your thoughts?

My Packet went to the IPEB on 12NOV. I found out what the VA rated me as a few days later. 100% from VA.

At least you guys get information from your PEBLO. Mine called me 14 Dec and asked where my NARSUM was when I emailed it to him 4 Dec. I am finally in the PEB phase. See how long this takes. My MEB board started 25 May.

Well, I finally got my DA 199 back this morning. Unfit, 40% DOD and 100% VA. I'm over 20 years so the 40% really doesn't matter. I just glad to finally have the decision.

Congratulations. I hope I get my 199 soon. Hopefully right after the holidays. According to legal I have the same % as you and started the whole process at the same time. Not sure how the orders work after the 199. I have 70 days leave plus PTDY.