iPERMS for Retirees via My Records Portal

Was I living under a rock, or is this method well known?

• Total voters

42Adam

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Before I retired I made sure to download and save everything in iPERMS for my records. However, since I retired the Army has uploaded 11 documents into my iPERMS account, and without access I was getting frustrated. These happened to be reassignment orders, amendment orders, revocation orders, award orders, and various medical documents. As you can imagine I was eager to view those files and update my records.

I spent a good portion of my day in between classes and on my lunch break trying to get into iPERMS. I was searching the internet and coming up with nothing. So, I made a call to HRC and the representative on the phone told me I could do it through AKO or just log in to iPERMS, I said you would think so, but there wasn't a way to log in through either. I even offered her to walk me through it and that just ended with me being put on hold. When she came back she gave me an e-mail address and said to scan a written request with my full name, retired rank, last four of my SSN, a written request, phone number, mailing address, and signature. So I filled out a piece of paper per her instructions and sent it off to the e-mail she provided.

But, I just couldn't settle for that being the only option. After a little more digging around I found it, and on the HRC website of all places. Here's the quote with the website below it:

3. My Records Portal Online at https://www.hrc.army.mil
- Under Soldier Services, select My Records
- Enter your AKO Login and Password or Use your CAC

- If you entered your AKO Login an Password, select Login
- Select Reserve Record icon if retired or Active Army icon if active duty

- On the left side you will see a menu, select Documents

From this website: https://www.hrc.army.mil/TAGD/iPERMS Access

Be advised that the HRC records and iPerms may not match up. In addition, I have LODs on my HRC site from someone other than me!! It is the proverbial GIGO effect (Garbage In, Garbage Out!!), depending on WHO is responsible for inputting the data. Make sure you also have HARD copies of everything (none of my deployment orders are even ON HRC or iPerms!). Scan those records in and email them to yourself. I spent 2 hours using a digital scanner to scan all my medical/service records in and storing them on discs in my safety deposit box. That way if there is a fire, etc., I still have all my records intact.

Draco

Be advised that the HRC records and iPerms may not match up. In addition, I have LODs on my HRC site from someone other than me!! It is the proverbial GIGO effect (Garbage In, Garbage Out!!), depending on WHO is responsible for inputting the data. Make sure you also have HARD copies of everything (none of my deployment orders are even ON HRC or iPerms!). Scan those records in and email them to yourself. I spent 2 hours using a digital scanner to scan all my medical/service records in and storing them on discs in my safety deposit box. That way if there is a fire, etc., I still have all my records intact.

Draco

I had my National Guard State Retirement Section Sergeant make a CD for me on my IPERMS data as I couldn't access the data anymore.

She sent me a CD by snail mail to my home address.

Very nice of her to do so.

nwlivewire

Draco

Thank you for that information Draco!

I was utilizing the digital scanner in my office like it was my PC, since I could get about 33 pages per email, and now I have a ton of stuff saved to my Google Drive, email, and network attached storage.

I had my National Guard State Retirement Section Sergeant make a CD for me on my IPERMS data as I couldn't access the data anymore.

She sent me a CD by snail mail to my home address.

Very nice of her to do so.

nwlivewire

That was nice of her. It's not often the military will go out of its way to help a retiree. Thanks for sharing that story as another possible option.

I came across this topic while trying to get to my record, when I try to go to HRC website using the listed link, yes it took me to HRC however I was not able to see where I can log in with my ako user name and password. after googling around for few minutes I came to this direct link that will take you to your branch of serve, all you need to do is if Active retired click on Active, Here is the link to where you can easly log in https://www.hrcapps.army.mil/portal/Default.aspx