Is this right or are they lying to me?

bigt1769

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was told by a PA in private " the same one who has tried to work with command to kick me out" that once the results come back from the MEB that if you are pending a chapter of any kind that the General next in your chain of command will decide wether or not I get the MEB results or the chapter. Is this right? There just so many things happening all at once and my Command has tried some shady shit already.

I was given a Chapter 18 at first and was told by my old NCO that it "stalled" whatever that means. Then once my MEB was under way and the 18 "stalled' they tried a chapter 13 on me for missing formation "oversleeping due to medication 2-3 times" about 5-6 months beforehand. I had no issues within those 6 months and the chapter came out of nowhere. The command contacted my specialty doctor and told him that I was faking it and told him I was doing it for the benefits so he took the profile away and that took me out of the MEB. I contacted MEB legal immediately and they began to work my case. The Chapter some how went through after I got my article 15 back in March and had no issues since then and they gave me 10 days to clear and I had my ETS date. Legal helped me day and night every day and kept me informed and ended up working everything out and I got reevaluated by the doctor and he apologized for what he had done because he was just doing what he thought was right. I got back into the MEB and ever since then I have been treated different and put through some difficult situations trying to keep my mouth shut and keep my head straight. That's more info if that helps anyone answer my question. Thanks for the help!

From what you have written, this is entirely possible. They can still attempt a chapter on you at the same time as a MEB, this is called dual process.

Like you mentioned, keep your head down and your spirits up. Do not break and more rules if you want your PEB to be successful.

Here is the Reg AR 635-40 check out section section 4-3 it talks about chapters and adverse actuon

Here is the Reg AR 635-40 check out section section 4-3 it talks about chapters and adverse actuon
It says

c. A Soldier being considered for separation because of unsatisfactory performance (AR 635–200, chap 13), must be
referred for disability processing upon approved recommendation of a MEB (AR 635–200, para 1–35a).

But what does that mean? I was already in the MEB when they put me through the chapter 13. They may be trying to create another packet from what one of my co workers told me from over hearing them talk.

I’m not sure if this belongs here but my grandson was injured during hazard duty training in Coronado. I am so unsatisfied with the navy medical process. They told him Buds doesn’t have PCM. His treatment for 6 months has been by np at hospital. He has a very bad TBI , severe headaches, tinnitus, blurred vision, unbalanced some MH problems now , nightmares, sleepwalking, and now the TBI nurse says she wants to give him administration seperation!!! Nothing! Why is it he was willing to give up his life to be a seal and now they treat him like crap! If something doesn’t happen soon I am going to go to congressman, senator or who ever will get him a med discharge. 23 years old and not knowing what your life is going to be now that your dream is gone and a disgraceful navy won’t do the right things