Just In....Claim Complete!!!!

Keziah Brant

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
:) Okay Everyone,
Here is my timelime for my PEB using Providence, RI office.

Apr 2012-Series of drs appts and record checks
May 2012-Still going back and forth with my doctor's reviewing paperwork and notes
Jul 2012-Chain-of-Command signed my Non-Medical Assessment Form
Aug 2012-Met with the VA doctors and went over all of my claimable conditions
8 Sep 2012-Met with the VA Rep and signed off on my package and it was sent from Tampa to NAS Jax Medical Boards
11 Sep 2012-MEB Package received as per Ebennies
Oct 2012-Patiently waiting made contact with PEBLO
Nov 2012-Waiting
12 Dec 2012-Package mailed to PEB Washington Naval Yard
26 Dec 2012-Package mailed to VA for ratings found UNFIT
28 Dec 2012-Package received back at the VA
25 Jan 2013-Status changed to Gathering Evidence on Ebennies
28 Jan 2013-Request entrance exam physical
30 Jan 2013-Received my entrance exam physical.
30 Jan 2013-Ebennies changed to Preparation for Decision
22 Feb 2013-Decision made and Ebennies change to Preparation for Decision Approval
26 Mar 2013-Ebennies says case is complete and notification is mailed
27 Mar 2013-I am a very happy camper and can't wait to receive my letter.

Will provide a detailed post of my letter once I receive the actually letter. I am so excited but I must admit that I am nervous as well.

Wow, thats a decently long wait time from when the package was forwarded to the office; 3 months and 1 day; Which is the high end of the average;

Congrats non the less! I am at RI as well and hope for a speedy process! Maybe you can call the VA and attempt to get some numbers out of them!!

Wow, thats a decently long wait time from when the package was forwarded to the office; 3 months and 1 day; Which is the high end of the average;

Congrats non the less! I am at RI as well and hope for a speedy process! Maybe you can call the VA and attempt to get some numbers out of them!!
@moneyblind...yes I was one of the longer ones....but nevertheless I am just glad that it is finally coming to an end. I tried to get them to release some info via the 800 number but they are not budging on that!!!

A good way to get around them not giving you the numbers is to call them and state that you are looking to apply for state VA benefits and just wondering if you have a "retirement percentage". The guy I spoke to (Ernest at the RI VA), didn't want to release my numbers before I received the letter, but had no problem telling me "don't worry, you will be retired".;)

A good way to get around them not giving you the numbers is to call them and state that you are looking to apply for staet VA benefits and just wondering if you have a "retirement percentage". The guy I spoke to (Ernest at the RI VA), didn't want to release my numbers before I received the letter, but had no problem telling me "don't worry, you will be retired".;)
:rolleyes:...(scratching my head) ....I think I'll do that then!!!

90% of this process is thinking outside the box. If you stay in the box, you will be in the dark until you get retirement/separation orders.

Also, remember that each VA rep is different...some are "easier" to get information from, whereas others not so easy. Sometimes you have to talk to 4 or 5 different people (or more) to get an answer.

Yes that is so true. One person will kind of "spill the Beans", whereas some of the other ones are so tight-lipped like it's there claim...I scheduled for a call back in 15 minutes.

I just called them today after not being able to get ANY info from my PEBLO on my case. The VA rep was pretty cool, he said he couldn't see the complete breakdown of my rating percentages but did have the overall percentage, which to me is better than anything the Navy has given me thus far. Good luck, hope they hook you up.

I just called them today after not being able to get ANY info from my PEBLO on my case. The VA rep was pretty cool, he said he couldn't see the complete breakdown of my rating percentages but did have the overall percentage, which to me is better than anything the Navy has given me thus far. Good luck, hope they hook you up.
@ kyle mccloud...so did the rep give you the overall rating percentages?

Ya my overall VA proosed rating is 30%, I only had 6 issues that were being rated. Based on the C&P write up I am assuming that the breakdown is going to be somewhere around 10% ankle, 10% tinnitus, 10% surgical scar. The patient admin guy would only tell me that the package was back in DC being finalized and my PEBLO told me that she won't know anything until I bring her my ratings once everything is finished.

:) Okay Everyone,
Here is my timelime for my PEB using Providence, RI office.

Apr 2012-Series of drs appts and record checks
May 2012-Still going back and forth with my doctor's reviewing paperwork and notes
Jul 2012-Chain-of-Command signed my Non-Medical Assessment Form
Aug 2012-Met with the VA doctors and went over all of my claimable conditions
8 Sep 2012-Met with the VA Rep and signed off on my package and it was sent from Tampa to NAS Jax Medical Boards
11 Sep 2012-MEB Package received as per Ebennies
Oct 2012-Patiently waiting made contact with PEBLO
Nov 2012-Waiting
12 Dec 2012-Package mailed to PEB Washington Naval Yard
26 Dec 2012-Package mailed to VA for ratings found UNFIT
28 Dec 2012-Package received back at the VA
25 Jan 2013-Status changed to Gathering Evidence on Ebennies
28 Jan 2013-Request entrance exam physical
30 Jan 2013-Received my entrance exam physical.
30 Jan 2013-Ebennies changed to Preparation for Decision
22 Feb 2013-Decision made and Ebennies change to Preparation for Decision Approval
26 Mar 2013-Ebennies says case is complete and notification is mailed
27 Mar 2013-I am a very happy camper and can't wait to receive my letter.

Will provide a detailed post of my letter once I receive the actually letter. I am so excited but I must admit that I am nervous as well.

Congratulations! :)

Best Wishes!