Just received Narsum, Questions About Ratings

James541

Registered Member
I just received my Narsum today, and I I’m trying my best to understand it and I have a few questions.

I am most concerned with the items that show as “does not meet retention standards.” Here’s what was written on those three conditions:

Lumbar spine disc disease post L4/L5 & L5/S1 laminectomy with discectomy: Ch. 3-39h

Right lower extremity sciatica: Ch3-30j

Major Depressive Disorder, moderate, single episode, with moderate anxious distress: Ch. 3-32 (b) (c)

I know it’s just speculation, but does anyone know from the three conditions I have listed here if I’ve got a chance at hitting 30% or higher on the DOD side?

I know from the Narsum it says “Range of motion is decreased 50 degrees forward flexion” which makes sense as I saw the C&P examiner write down forward flexion was 40 degrees. As gas as the other two conditions go I’m not really sure what to look for or how they determine the rating. I’m stressing pretty bad over it, any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Not sure about the others but w mental health MDD it is possible even if it is TDRL. I would look at CP exams and compare to VAARSD to see where you might fall. Its really to little info to provide any solid answer.

Not sure about the others but w mental health MDD it is possible even if it is TDRL. I would look at CP exams and compare to VAARSD to see where you might fall. Its really to little info to provide any solid answer.
Thanks for the reply. I’m still trying to learn everything, what is VAARSD?

It is kind of like the criteria for ratings when they rate your disabilities they go off of C & P exams. Try website called military disability made easy and click find my condition that may help give you some idea.