Just starting process of med board would like some advice.

Patriotfan98

Registered Member
Hello everyone,

I’m new to this page and forum but I have been reading a bunch of different post to get a feel for what everybody else is going through and I think my situation is not much different. I am in the Air Force and have been for about 3 years and 6 months. I’ve been seeking mental health treatment since January of 2020 and have been DNA’d since then as well. While seeking mental health treatment I’ve been to a IOP program for 5 weeks and about to be going through another IOP for 4 weeks. I’ve been diagnosed with MDD,GAD, and BED and have been on a slew of medications to include a anti psychotic. Like I said before I’m in the very beginning stages of this whole process my provider hasn’t even submitted my summary yet but I do have my commanders impact statement finished but nothing has been sent to the Peblo yet to be sent up only the statement. So I’m just wondering if any of you have any advice for me as to what to do to prepare for the road ahead and if you know maybe what will be the outcome of my case once it gets rolling I’m hoping to be found unfit and with my job and not being able to do normal duties I think I will be. Any input or knowledge would be appreciated thanks!

I recommend going thru your medical records to ensure they are complete. I had to fill out several records requests to have civilian records sent - and then you Follow up to make sure they are added to your record.

I recommend going thru your medical records to ensure they are complete. I had to fill out several records requests to have civilian records sent - and then you Follow up to make sure they are added to your record.
Ok thank you, I will be sure to get on that. I haven’t even gone through my records yet so and I do have a civilian one that needs to be inputed.

Hello everyone,

I’m new to this page and forum but I have been reading a bunch of different post to get a feel for what everybody else is going through and I think my situation is not much different. I am in the Air Force and have been for about 3 years and 6 months. I’ve been seeking mental health treatment since January of 2020 and have been DNA’d since then as well. While seeking mental health treatment I’ve been to a IOP program for 5 weeks and about to be going through another IOP for 4 weeks. I’ve been diagnosed with MDD,GAD, and BED and have been on a slew of medications to include a anti psychotic. Like I said before I’m in the very beginning stages of this whole process my provider hasn’t even submitted my summary yet but I do have my commanders impact statement finished but nothing has been sent to the Peblo yet to be sent up only the statement. So I’m just wondering if any of you have any advice for me as to what to do to prepare for the road ahead and if you know maybe what will be the outcome of my case once it gets rolling I’m hoping to be found unfit and with my job and not being able to do normal duties I think I will be. Any input or knowledge would be appreciated thanks!
I would advise that you be proactive in terms of staying in contact with your PEBLO throughout the process. Log on to myPers and go to the retirement section then click on disabilities. There is a lot of good info on there about the IDES process. Also, I would log onto tricareonline and download your problem list. This will assist you with conditions to claim when you meet with your MSC (VA rep on base). The MSC will help you with your VA disability claim and request C&P exams.

I would advise that you be proactive in terms of staying in contact with your PEBLO throughout the process. Log on to myPers and go to the retirement section then click on disabilities. There is a lot of good info on there about the IDES process. Also, I would log onto tricareonline and download your problem list. This will assist you with conditions to claim when you meet with your MSC (VA rep on base). The MSC will help you with your VA disability claim and request C&P exams.
Thank you.