Just want it over with

Anthony.maxwell

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
National Captial Region Physical Evaluation Board sent your case back to VA for reconsideration as of 23 Oct 2013. Waiting to hear something from VA. OK but I didn't ask for it to be reconsidered? Any body? Going towards 3 years now

National Captial Region Physical Evaluation Board sent your case back to VA for reconsideration as of 23 Oct 2013. Waiting to hear something from VA. OK but I didn't ask for it to be reconsidered? Any body? Going towards 3 years now

The PEB saw something they disagreed with, and sent it back to the VA. They do it in very rare cases. It could be they saw an area where the VA rated too low, or too high, and want the VA to reconsider it.

same thing happened to my my original rating was 40% because they rated my shoulder as if it was my dominate arm. so the peb sent it back and it got dropped down to 20%. it added bout 2 weeks to my timeframe

I don't know if this forum is a good idea or not reading about everyones experiences is sinking me deeper in depression.

just think about the positives. you currently have a job that pays well enough for you to live and you have benefits. just enjoy the time you have and dont stress the small stuff.

I don't know if this forum is a good idea or not reading about everyones experiences is sinking me deeper in depression.

Hmm, interesting to say at least albeit Joecool provide some good sound insightful feedback in my opinion.

To that extent, any rush to judgment decision within the DoD IDES process only hinders the military service member's potential receipt of future military disability compensation benefits for sure!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

What's the catch Technician goes to work on light duty cannot perform their job descriptions (WG 10 step 5). So our tax payers pay our government money for 3, 4 even 5 years until they can get them processed out?

So are they receiving more money during the process out procedure than we (Dual status technician) are getting paid?

So are they receiving more money during the process out procedure than we (Dual status technician) are getting paid?

I am a Dual Status Technician and I make $800 more a month bring home on military orders than I do as a WG employee... I am not currently on orders and I am also in a light duty status that involves me spending 15 dollars a day in gas to come to work and hold a chair down.

I hear a lot of people with the "just be patient" advice but these people haven't gone three years without a raise, they haven't been furloughed twice, and they also will not be furloughed again in January 2014 if the Government can't come to a budget deal once again.

Everyones situation is different and if I were sitting here collecting full pay and allowances then I would be a little more financially secure, never have to worry about a furlough, and also want the IDES process to take as long as it possibly could. Oh yeah I also don't get tuition assistance so going to school for free isn't an option either.

Dude stick it out as I've been in this process since November 2009 so indeed it's been a long time. I'm just now going from the MEB proceedings to the PEB stage. You are at the end of the journey not much longer for you now. At least you didn't get told like me that the PEB and VA ratings will take 6 - 9 months.

I am a Dual Status Technician and I make $800 more a month bring home on military orders than I do as a WG employee... I am not currently on orders and I am also in a light duty status that involves me spending 15 dollars a day in gas to come to work and hold a chair down.

I hear a lot of people with the "just be patient" advice but these people haven't gone three years without a raise, they haven't been furloughed twice, and they also will not be furloughed again in January 2014 if the Government can't come to a budget deal once again.

Everyones situation is different and if I were sitting here collecting full pay and allowances then I would be a little more financially secure, never have to worry about a furlough, and also want the IDES process to take as long as it possibly could. Oh yeah I also don't get tuition assistance so going to school for free isn't an option either.

I've been furloughed for 6 months before with my civilian railroad job and I make well more than the military pays me. You can't imagine the drop in pay from doing that to just RMA pay or drill pay in the guard just to make ends meet. I don't complain though as I choose what i wanted to do just like you. You have to suck it up as soldiers and make the best of the situation. This is a long drawn out process to get you to quit and save them the money of paying you.

just be patient and know that in the end the benefits outweigh the inconvenience and hardships.

Back