Left Foot Pain

eternal39

Registered Member
Good afternoon,

I have been serving active duty in the Army for almost 6 years. In that time I have had a single deployment to Afghanistan and reclassed from a 91B to a 15E. The injury to my foot happened back in 2015 where I was on a 30 day profile with 60 days recovery. That helped but has always been an issue I just delt with the pain. Fast forward to October of 2018, the pain in my left foot was excruciating and I was barely able to walk. Went to my primary care provider on 3 different occasions / sick call to seek help. His input was I need to stretch more and in the end I ended up talking to patient advacy where I recieved a temp profile a a referral to paditry. The doctor there put me in a boot for 45 days and extended my temp profile till December 2018. I then went on block leave where I took it easy on my foot and started building myself back up. After block leave ended I immediately started back with PT at my company where we ran a total of 15 miles in one week. My foot was in so much pain so I went back to my doctor hoping to get a perminate profile. He refused stating that due to the new ACFT and no alternative events that they don’t know what is going to happen to the 60,000 SM on perm profile. He referred me back to padiatry who recommended me for a medical board. I have a MEB Consultation with my primary care provider in March but I don’t know what to expect or what’s going to happen. I am unable to run at all and I tried the 2.5 mile walk with no success. My foot is in a lot of pain when I wear my full kit. I cant push, load, or recover the air crafts due to the pain. I feel at a loss of what’s going to happen. My primary care provider always seems to think stretching is the answer for everything. I am tired of always being in pain and am scared of what’s going to happen if he doesn’t recommend a MEB.

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I recommend you have another talk with your patient advocate.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">