Letter cover included with my CRSC, what do you think?

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
This is my packet cover letter, which list docs, what do you yall think? Thanks in advance :)
Looks fine to me.

Recommend:
Change: "I am not collecting any of my Airforce retirement pay due VA payment"

To: My military retired pay is reduced (waived) by the amount of VA compensation I receive.

Ron

XarmyXairforce

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thank you Ron! The only thing I don't have is any forms showing what my retired pay should be, and the waiver. I think my retired pay was like $1,6XX and I get $3,353 from the VA. I officially just mailed it off and the waiting begins lol. Hopefully, the Airfore doesn't take as long as other branches, sigh.

P.S. Thank you for all you do here Ron, I have read probably hundreds of your suggestions, calculations and recommendations.

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I don't think it necessary to show the amount of retired pay, etc. They will confirm the waiver through electronic means; at least that is my understanding.

I know there is a confirmation process since occasionally an application is kicked back due to lack of waiver of retired pay.

Thank you for your remarks.

Ron

XarmyXairforce

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Ron, I know its very limited info but PEB has yet to call me back. Could you do any calculations with the following?

I was an E-4 with 4 years of service AD retired in 2012
My DOD rate is 70% ( I believe my retirement was %1,6XX)
I am 80% VA but paid at the 100% due to IU
I get $3,353 a month from VA
hoping for 100% CRSC

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ron, I know its very limited info but PEB has yet to call me back. Could you do any calculations with the following?

I was an E-4 with 4 years of service AD retired in 2012
My DOD rate is 70% ( I believe my retirement was %1,6XX)
I am 80% VA but paid at the 100% due to IU
I get $3,353 a month from VA
hoping for 100% CRSC
OK...additional info is needed.

1. Please look at your most recent DFAS RAS at MyPay. Even if all your pay is waived, a new RAS is generated when there is a COLA increase. From that RAS, please report the Gross retired pay shown in upper left of statement.

2. 3353 VA: What are the categories of dependents and numbers, plus ages of children.

3. Was your AD time precisely 4 years or were there full months too?

4. I can tell you at this point that your CRSC will defineity be the dollar amount of the longevity portion of retired pay.

Example using the info above:

1. Gross retired pay 1600/0.70 = ~2286 high three (the gross from the DFAS RAS would include COLA increases)
2. 4 yrs AD x 0.025 = 10%
3. 2286 x 0.10 = 229.60 longevity portion of retired pay and the CRSC payable using the info available.

Note:
The gross retired pay used in this example is likely inaccurate. Again, the gross from your RAS is needed. I do not envision the correct amount will change the CRSC computed substntially since you had only 4 years AD.

Ron

XarmyXairforce

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
OK...additional info is needed.

1. Please look at your most recent DFAS RAS at MyPay. Even if all your pay is waived, a new RAS is generated when there is a COLA increase. From that RAS, please report the Gross retired pay shown in upper left of statement.

2. 3353 VA: What are the categories of dependents and numbers, plus ages of children.

3. Was your AD time precisely 4 years or were there full months too?

4. I can tell you at this point that your CRSC will defineity be the dollar amount of the longevity portion of retired pay.

Example using the info above:

1. Gross retired pay 1600/0.70 = ~2286 high three (the gross from the DFAS RAS would include COLA increases)
2. 4 yrs AD x 0.025 = 10%
3. 2286 x 0.10 = 229.60 longevity portion of retired pay and the CRSC payable using the info available.

Note:
The gross retired pay used in this example is likely inaccurate. Again, the gross from your RAS is needed. I do not envision the correct amount will change the CRSC computed substntially since you had only 4 years AD.

Ron

Thank you so much! I will get that info. Unfortunately I forgot my user name and password for DFAS since I never check it since I waived it all. I just sent a request for my password to be mailed to me.

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
We can resume when you get the info.

Ron

XarmyXairforce

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hi Ron, I found out my actual retire pay. It is $1,758. Does that change the above calculations at all?

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hi Ron, I found out my actual retire pay. It is $1,758. Does that change the above calculations at all?
I just replied in your other thread. Just saw this one.

Is that retired pay now or 2012?

Ron

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">