Limited Assignment Status

mjf114

Registered Member
Does anybody have a current approval rate for Limited Assignment Status applicant's? I ask even though haven't received my SAFPC appeal verdict yet, and not expected to receive it until Sep-Dec. I appealed to the SAFPC to be returned to duty. I'm a helicopter flight engineer that had a spinal fusion, and have been disqualified from aviation service, and now I work as a Detachment Superintendent. During my appeal I received favorable letters of recommendation from 2 Colonels and 5 Lt Colonels and 1 Chief, all in my chain of command from MAJCOM down to the Squadron level. My attorney says that if I don't get an RTD from the SAFPC, we will file for Limited Assignment Status in order to try and get to the 20 yr point. I'll have 19 years completed by the time we would file for LAS?

Thank you

LK_Schwagg

Registered Member
Hey did you ever receive a response from SAFPC? My wife sent her appeal up in May and just wanted to get a feel about how long this may take. Thank you.

mjf114

Registered Member
Hey did you ever receive a response from SAFPC? My wife sent her appeal up in May and just wanted to get a feel about how long this may take. Thank you.
Nothing yet. I appealed to SAFPC in March and was told not to expect anything earlier than Sep.

mjf114

Registered Member
Any news on your LAS application?
We still haven't submitted the LAS application since we haven't heard the appeal verdict from SAF. If they up hold the appeal and I don't get a RTD, then we file the 1-time VARR and then the LAS. As of last week my attorney said the RTD rates from SAF were pretty low, but the LAS approval rates had gone up for folks with 18-19 yrs that have Command support which we have. 18 yrs 11 months this week so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

lastlaugh

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am currently on LAS now, and going thru my final MEB. That is weird that your attorney is saying that. I spoke to mine last week (at Randolph) and he said they still haven't seen another LAS approval since mine (Nov 2016). Hopefully, he doesnt know what he's talking about.

Good luck on your application, should you need it. The way its looking you may be retired before the SAF gets back to you!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">