LOD for PTSD with a VA rating MEB,PEB

Hello,
This is all new to me so I have some questions.
First a quick back story. I am currently in the Reserves. I have deployed to Iraq (active duty 2007) and Afghanistan (2011 - Reserves) both combat tours.
When I got back from the 2011 deployment,
I started being treated for PTSD. It lead me to a VA rating of 70% for PTSD & a Combined 90% overall.
Now with my "new" unit I quickly realized how bad my ptsd is around these new reserves people.
Basically I went from the infantry to an admin type atmoshere
because I promised my wife I would not go back to combat.
Anyways, after a few blow outs with a couple people, I did a periodic health assessment and vented to him what I was feeling and told him about my PTSD.
The doctor immediately said I need help for ptsd and suggested an LOD for ptsd.
Apparently I was suspose to do this LOD for ptsd when I got back from deployment
but, blew it off because I wanted to stay in the Reserves.
Fast forward to today. I have submitted my LOD (PTSD only) and I am waiting on word back.
I have been going to VA treatments and not drilling with the unit.
I just printed a copy of my LOD and noticed some SF600's were left out that show my documented ptsd.
Now there is other VA info about my PTSD in there but, the noted from active duty seemed to be left out? The packet more or less involves an IED blast I was in and had been put in the hospital for. Now this was a reason for my current ptsd I'm sure but, it was SEVERAL situations I've been in that have led to the way I feel today.

Can I submit more pages from my medical record showing the different documents I have for my PTSD from active duty?
Or becuase it's already submitted and about to be approved or dissapproved I can't?

If I get rated say 50% from the Meb board will that lower my VA rating from 70% to 50%?

I am currently working full time at a job that is literally the only job I feel like I can work at so I am nervous about getting 100% ptsd. What happens if the meb board says I'm 100%? Does the VA then rate me 100%? Then in turn I can't work?
That (for me) would be bad. My life however, unstable and bad is keeping me alive for the time being with this balance of work and family and treatment.

Lastly, will the Meb people see that I work a job that I can (somewhat) tolerate and say because you work there you can work in the reserves?

I just gave you a small small portion of my life and I'm sure you'll have questions for me to clear up what I've just wrote so please fire away.
It's nice to have people in the same boat...

I have more questions but, just want to clear this up for now.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. If possible whoever moderates this site please move to best section possible. Thank-you

Feel free to contact me via private message if possible as well.

Last edited:
Hey there. I know this thread was from ages ago, but I am having a situation that is similar to yours. When you say you kept your 100% VA rating, does that mean you kept your VA pay too? Because my rating from my re-eval stayed 80% for VA, but DoD/TDRL went from 70% to 30% but also put me on PDRL. Does this mean I keep my 80% VA pay and am now permanently retired or did the DoD screw me? Thanks.

Without knowing anything about you or your case I can tell you (with what you stated) that yes you keep your VA pay at 80% and get a 30% DOD rating then placed on PDRL status and are done with the DOD side of it. Meaning you cannot have your rating increased or decreased but being at 30% means having tricare for the rest of your life! Once you accept the DOD rating, you own it... The VA will continue to pay you at the 80% rate. Again I don’t know your case but that is what I know to be true from what happened to me. Congrats, Good luck and if you are not satisfied with DOD then APPEAL! Also if your injuries are combat related then look into CRCS. Semper Fi.