LOD on ADOS?

Bloodysamflint

Registered Member
I'm getting ready to come off a 2.5 yr ADOS (title 32) tour, had a couple of health issues come up during this tour. I saw civilian physicians, turned in the records, and am on a permanent profile now. Do I also need an LOD packet done, or will my orders and medical documents be sufficient for VA whenever I decide to retire and submit a packet for evaluation/rating? I assume the purpose of the LOD is to justify payment for continuing treatment if I'm not on orders, which I don't really need, I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing now to make it easier later to deal with the VA... I appreciate any insight.

Hawaii5-0

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You should be getting seen via the military health system unless you are geographically separated from one. Aside from that...an LOD was required to be done per 2.2 of 36-2910. The military provider was required to have initiated one within 5 days of you turning in you’re outside medical documentation. If you require no treatment you can simply ask them to complete an administrative to LOD.

Bloodysamflint

Registered Member
I'm an almost 2 hrs away from the closest military care facility; I'll get with my BDE MSO and ask for an admin LOD to be completed. Thanks!

Hawaii5-0

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If you’re that far away you’re covered. I referred to an Air Force reg, I assume in the forum documents you’ll find one for the army. But essentially it should say when the military provider is supplied civilian documentation and enters a profile for that individual. They should do an LOD. And if no treatment is required, and administrative LOD would be the easiest thing for them to do.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">