Lost PEB

Drewryan1884

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
So I heard that my case can’t be reviewed after almost 3 years since they are unable to locate my PEB records from 2007. I am not sure what my recourse is here and this is pretty upsetting. I moved a few times and in the mix my copies were misplaced.

I was in a similar boat, I initially entered the MEB in 2017, lack of follow up and movement allowed my package to sit dormant for 2 years with no sign of movement. A new PEBLO was hired and he restarted my case and re-entered my into IDES. He basically "restarted" the whole process and under his control the MEB followed through accordingly as stated by the IDES.

In short I would assume if you are referred to the MEB, the PEBLO will just restart the whole process from step 1.

Do you have a PEBLO assigned?
Are you on a profile that states the service member is undergoing or is recommended to enter the MEB process?
Have you been officially referred to the MEB by a military medical professional?

I was in a similar boat, I initially entered the MEB in 2017, lack of follow up and movement allowed my package to sit dormant for 2 years with no sign of movement. A new PEBLO was hired and he restarted my case and re-entered my into IDES. He basically "restarted" the whole process and under his control the MEB followed through accordingly as stated by the IDES.

In short I would assume if you are referred to the MEB, the PEBLO will just restart the whole process from step 1.

Do you have a PEBLO assigned?
Are you on a profile that states the service member is undergoing or is recommended to enter the MEB process?
Have you been officially referred to the MEB by a military medical professional?

I went through the MEB in 2007 I’m going through the PDBR now and they can’t locate those records. I am combat wounded and these things just vanish? I spent a month straight in a hospital bed and over a year in rehab for injuries yet the records of my PEB are gone.

I went through the MEB in 2007 I’m going through the PDBR now and they can’t locate those records. I am combat wounded and these things just vanish? I spent a month straight in a hospital bed and over a year in rehab for injuries yet the records of my PEB are gone.
Did you request your C-file? Mine was in there. I also contacted the PEBLO at Walter Reed (where I was MEB/PEB'd) back in 2001/2002. It took him some time but eventually he found the original and was able to send me a copy of the first page (the decision). It didn't contain the MEB portion or the NARSUM, etc. But it's a start. I'm sorry you're having this issue. You'd think these folks would be more interested in actually doing their job, but it seems if they're given an out to NOT do it, they seem to find that instead. Best of luck!