Massive Veterans Affairs Evidence Intake Center Portal Backlog

PEBMember2017

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Members going through the MEDBOARD/PEB/profile process need to be aware that there is currently a massive intake portal backlog occurring at the VA Janesville Evidence Intake Center. This is covering all claims, supplemental claims, and appeals - essentially anything and everything submitted. It currently looks to be taking well over 45 days to even get a claim uploaded into the system (eBenefits/Vets.gov).

This is before a VSO even lays eyes on the claim, which that process in and of itself is supposed to take 125 days.

I was told two different things: That the 125 day clock starts at evidence submission, and then told the exact opposite, that the clock starts once review of the claim begins.

Although disheartening, this would explain why members here are not seeing their recent claims on either eBenefits or Vets.gov.

I was about to mail off my claim, as I am going thru the MEB portion of the IDES and the VA needed more information about my situation.

Should I upload my claim to ebenefits. Or do you think it wot matter?

Yea it's pretty much when they "acknowledged" they got it whenever that date may be.

I was about to mail off my claim, as I am going thru the MEB portion of the IDES and the VA needed more information about my situation.

Should I upload my claim to ebenefits. Or do you think it wot matter?

It won't make a lick of difference; I asked them if mailing or faxing makes any difference and of course it doesn't, and of course they haven't gotten their heads out of their ass that having one intake center for the entire country makes absolutely zero sense.

I have been on this MEB since August 2018, today I will have my first appointment with the Military Service Coordinator at the VA. It is ridiculous how our life's get put on hold for a non sense useless timeline.

UPDATE: Per Vets.gov - "Can't find your appeal? If you submitted a Notice of Disagreement for an appeal within the last 3 months, VA might still be processing your appeal. For more information, contact your Veterans Service Organization or representative."

So it's apparently now taking upwards to 3 months for them to upload your appeal. Claims backlog appears to be of similar length.