MDD RECURRENT/SEVERE, ANXIETY DISORDER UNSPECIFIED, REACTION TO SEVERE STRESS

Scuderia7

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
As the title states, I have been diagnosed with these three MH conditions. The following is my background / treatment timeline:

-12 Sept 2018: Self refer to command DAPA, meet w/ Psychiatrist same day, initial diagnosis of Depression & General Anxiety Disorder
-15 Oct 2018: Suicide attempt, put on suicide watch, transferred to hospital, admitted to MH ward for 8 days, missed ship's movement, but no NJP due to MH treatment
-23 Oct 2018: Begin SARP treatment, officially diagnosed w/ MDD, GAD, Insomnia, and PTSD
-27 Nov 2018: Report for 1st LIMDU, given Adverse Evaluation for prior UA's and missing ship's movement at last command
-28 Nov 2018: Begin aftercare w/ SARP, Pyschologist, and Psychiatrist
-3 Dec 2018: Made to sit in desk in back of office and no longer given work to complete due to inability to focus and constant panic attacks
-29 Jan 2019: Symptoms have severely worsened, constant anxiety w/ panic attacks and other symptoms, insomnia, etc. lead to me being late to work (UA) 29 Jan - 1 Feb
-3 Feb 2019: Taken to ER for adverse reaction to medication w/ severe side effects
-4 Feb 2019: DRB for UA charges, recommend for XOI
-7 Feb 2019: Psychologist, who is main provider, recommends MEB, I meet w/ MEB Case Manager and schedule appoint for following Monday to meet w/ Disability Attorney

My Psychologist has written my narrative summary and it creates a strong nexus to ensure service connection, describes in detail my conditions and resulting symptoms, outlines how my social life has been impacted, how my ability to perform my job as a YN and handle confidential information is completely lacking and a risk to the mission and others, describes my complete inability to adapt to or perform in high-stress environments or situations, outlines all my restrictions including non-deployability, no overseas duty, and must be stationed in close proximity to MTF. She closes with stating that my symptoms have worsened in treatment even though I have strictly followed their treatment plan, that my conditions will worsen if retained in the Navy, and that she does not recommend me for further service.

My adverse eval also states that I am unable to perform basic tasks without a high level of supervision, I take longer than average to complete simple tasks, that I have been late to my place of duty multiple times, I am unreliable and untrustworthy. It scores me at 2.13, with an SP and does not recommend me for retention.

Given what I've stated above, and assuming my CO signs the NMA that I will draft myself, what are my odds of being found unfit and what potential rating am I looking at? I know there are many posts like this on the forum, but this is a highly stressful process and any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.

The severity of your illness points toward unfit.

The severity of your illness points toward unfit.
Thanks for your reply. I have a question you probably can answer. Since all of my disabilities are MH, they are grouped and paid as one disability, or do they each receive a separate rating?

One, with the percentage based on your occupational and social functioning.

As the title states, I have been diagnosed with these three MH conditions. The following is my background / treatment timeline:

-12 Sept 2018: Self refer to command DAPA, meet w/ Psychiatrist same day, initial diagnosis of Depression & General Anxiety Disorder
-15 Oct 2018: Suicide attempt, put on suicide watch, transferred to hospital, admitted to MH ward for 8 days, missed ship's movement, but no NJP due to MH treatment
-23 Oct 2018: Begin SARP treatment, officially diagnosed w/ MDD, GAD, Insomnia, and PTSD
-27 Nov 2018: Report for 1st LIMDU, given Adverse Evaluation for prior UA's and missing ship's movement at last command
-28 Nov 2018: Begin aftercare w/ SARP, Pyschologist, and Psychiatrist
-3 Dec 2018: Made to sit in desk in back of office and no longer given work to complete due to inability to focus and constant panic attacks
-29 Jan 2019: Symptoms have severely worsened, constant anxiety w/ panic attacks and other symptoms, insomnia, etc. lead to me being late to work (UA) 29 Jan - 1 Feb
-3 Feb 2019: Taken to ER for adverse reaction to medication w/ severe side effects
-4 Feb 2019: DRB for UA charges, recommend for XOI
-7 Feb 2019: Psychologist, who is main provider, recommends MEB, I meet w/ MEB Case Manager and schedule appoint for following Monday to meet w/ Disability Attorney

My Psychologist has written my narrative summary and it creates a strong nexus to ensure service connection, describes in detail my conditions and resulting symptoms, outlines how my social life has been impacted, how my ability to perform my job as a YN and handle confidential information is completely lacking and a risk to the mission and others, describes my complete inability to adapt to or perform in high-stress environments or situations, outlines all my restrictions including non-deployability, no overseas duty, and must be stationed in close proximity to MTF. She closes with stating that my symptoms have worsened in treatment even though I have strictly followed their treatment plan, that my conditions will worsen if retained in the Navy, and that she does not recommend me for further service.

My adverse eval also states that I am unable to perform basic tasks without a high level of supervision, I take longer than average to complete simple tasks, that I have been late to my place of duty multiple times, I am unreliable and untrustworthy. It scores me at 2.13, with an SP and does not recommend me for retention.

Given what I've stated above, and assuming my CO signs the NMA that I will draft myself, what are my odds of being found unfit and what potential rating am I looking at? I know there are many posts like this on the forum, but this is a highly stressful process and any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Nonetheless, please try to remain "positively proactive" while navigating throughout the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process! Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Nonetheless, please try to remain "positively proactive" while navigating throughout the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process! Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!
Thank you for the advice and I will be as proactive as I can to expedite this process.

Thank you for the advice and I will be as proactive as I can to expedite this process.
Indeed, that's the spirit and you are welcome! Take care!

Best Wishes!

Everything looks solid but the Navy is known to come back with fit findings for ANY reason regardless if it's legitimate or not. Exhaust appeals if you have to if they decide TDRL it gives them another shot to hammer you down the road so be prepared for any long fight if it happens.

Everything looks solid but the Navy is known to come back with fit findings for ANY reason regardless if it's legitimate or not. Exhaust appeals if you have to if they decide TDRL it gives them another shot to hammer you down the road so be prepared for any long fight if it happens.
Thanks for your response. I am a bit worried about the inconsistency and tendency for the Navy to find MH patients fit. I'm hoping my NMA and eval will make a strong enough case when combined with my narrative summary. Any advice for the verbiage in the NMA?