MEB 9 months in and NARSUM still hasn't been submitted, help!

puddlepirate19

Registered Member
Long story short I'm 6 years AD in the Coast Guard. I was seeking care for generalized anxiety disorder and PTSD under one doctor that proposed an MEB be started due to my mental health status and toxic work environment in April, 2019. After this was started I was re-stationed at another local unit to help mitigate the work related symptoms but was still seeking care with my orginal doctor. This doctor transferred without writing a NARSUM, so when I started to seek care for my continued problems at the new unit the doctor started the process all over again because he had no background (August 2019). My new doctor was extremely helpful and he even finished writing my narrative summary to complete my package in October, he then quit before he submitted my package and I was told I would be starting over again with another NEW doctor. It's now December and I still haven't been told anything or recieved any VA exams or reps. I'm completely in the dark on my status and it's been almost 9 months from the time I was initially told a MEB would be started. Is there anything I can do?

Sounds like the MEB hasn't really been initiated yet that's why because these things are tracked even with new docs coming in. Each new doc wants to understand everything going on before writing it up it's just sounds like bad timing.

That sounds frustrating. Hopefully you can get the new doc to expedite submission of your NARSUM.