MEB Concern

DannyAge

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello Everyone. I need some inputs here. So I did have a back surgery and was referred to DAWG prior to the procedure. I was thinking they would wait to see how my surgery and subsequent recovery go but they made a determination even before the surgical procedure (Spinal Stenosis and radiculopathy). My PCM is saying DAWG would not want to consider the case anymore even the procedure didn't make my condition better and am still getting spine, knee and sacro illiac injections(Dx fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis). My date of separation is coming up in May 20 and the PCM is 'advising' that I get out and pursue VA on the outside. I have had someone tell me to stay and extend and maybe my inability to participate in future fitness assessments may possibly trigger DAWG. What do you guys suggest I do? Very confused.

based off your comments it seems your saying that you are no longer on DAWG surveillance, is that correct? On your IMR, do you have any restrictions?

There is more to factor in than just letting the VA deal with it when you get out. There is a whole list of benefits to you if you are retired vice just letting you deal with the VA.

What you saying really makes sense. I have the feeling they don't want to do anything about my condition thinking I may get out in May 20 without them having to go through the whole process

Do you have a FR and a MR? What does your pcm advise as far as treatmen? They cant withold treatment just because you have a separation date

They are not withholding treatment necessarily but he advised that I get out and go for VA benefits instead as against sticking around for MEB because he thinks it may take time.

The MEB will take time but it may or may not be beneficial it you.