MEB Disenrollment

JohnFC

Registered Member
I am currently an Active Duty SM stationed at Fort Bragg, 5y and 2m TIS. I was referred to MEB back in May because I have been diagnosed with a lifelong diseased called Ulcerative Pancolitis and the medication I am on right now makes me no deployable, so for this reason I was referred to MEB. Everything was going well until last month that I was also diagnosed with cancer and I am going to need Chemotherapy. Today my PEBLO told me that they were going to have to disenroll me until my treatment is done. Has any of you been through the same or heard anybody going through something like this before? what can I expect from this? my treatment will be 3 months long but right now I am not even sure who will refer me back to MEB. I have been reading the AR 635-40 4-9 "Disenrollment from the IDES as a result of certain adverse circumstances of action" and I don't see anything about being disenrolled for a new condition, as a matter of fact I read this from IDES on my Tricareonline once I was referred back in May "Once the SM is at MRDP for any condition the MEB will not be deferred or discontinued for additional conditions"