MEB Eligibility

badfish

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello all, THe talk of MEB has been in the air for me for awhile. I was diagnosed with anxiety and then Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD,) then Cyclothymia (Bipolar type II's little brother) and now my DDD diagnosis has been changed to SI Joint pain and issues by an off base ortho. I am maintenance and I am trying to figure out if anyone knows the chances of me getting MEB'd? All of my back pain has made work basically impossible and my mental health issues have made me a mess at work most of the time. thanks in advance.

A similar question arose a few days ago.

"Hello,

Recommend you visit with your chain of command concerning your medical condition.

"Many MEB/PEB actions occur when a military member voluntarily presents him/herself at the Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) for medical care. Commanders may, at any time, refer military members to the MTF for a mandatory medical examination, when they believe the member is unable to perform his/her military duties due to a medical condition. This examination may cause conduct of a MEB, which will be forwarded to the PEB when it finds that the member's medical condition falls below medical retention standards."
--non-government source

Medical Evaluation Board (MEB)
Physical Evaluation Board (PEB)"

Ron

RonG,
I have already spoken with all of my leadership and they don't know much about it and have said to just wait and see. The problem is I am not a "wait-and-see" kind of person if you get what I'm saying.

Badfish,

I infer from the following sentence that Medical Treatment Faculties can refer individuals: "Many MEB/PEB actions occur when a military member voluntarily presents him/herself at the Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) for medical care."

I have no direct experience in the process.

Ron

One option might be to talk your mental health provider and explain the complications you MH is causing at work. If he/she thinks and MEB is in order they can talk to your PCM. Asking for an MEB can get you labeled as malingering, so that is a risky strategy.

Just have the head doctor put you on Serequel to help you sleep . You can’t deploy when being prescribed this drug for whatever retarded reason, after six months or so you’ll get med boarded. Thank me later.

Just have the head doctor put you on Serequel to help you sleep . You can’t deploy when being prescribed this drug for whatever retarded reason, after six months or so you’ll get med boarded. Thank me later.

I didn’t know that about Serequel. I’m on 125mg of that stuff going on 3 months now lol.

I didn’t know that about Serequel. I’m on 125mg of that stuff going on 3 months now lol.
Yeah. I was on 400mg. Funny part is. After is was med boarded and booted out the VA took me off Serequel .