Meb for one condition however multiple other serious conditions

What determines fit or unfit for duty?
I have been referred a meb for back pain. However I have other serious psychological issues and other problems. I have included everything in va claim, wondering if peb looks only for boarded condition or every thing included in the claims?

thank you

tony292

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Get with your peblo immediately to make the psych conditions added as referred condition. Also make sure that your psych issues are well documented in med records

Provis

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The fit vs unfit determination ultimately depends on your job in the military and if your conditions affect your ability to do your job. The the same condition could possibly be unfit for one job but fit for another. For example there are a lot more things that can make you unfit for infantry because of the physical requirements. If you are in a desk job that same condition might not affect your ability to type etc.

Also, the PEB won't look at everything. They will only look at page one of the VA Form 21-0819. So if it isn't listed on page one they won't consider it as a condition that could possibly be unfitting.

Sumaz

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Get with your peblo immediately to make the psych conditions added as referred condition. Also make sure that your psych issues are well documented in med records
Thank you sir. I have already done my C&p exam for both back and psychological condition. Isn’t it too late to let my Peblo for adding psychological as a referred condition?

Sumaz

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
The fit vs unfit determination ultimately depends on your job in the military and if your conditions affect your ability to do your job. The the same condition could possibly be unfit for one job but fit for another. For example there are a lot more things that can make you unfit for infantry because of the physical requirements. If you are in a desk job that same condition might not affect your ability to type etc.

Also, the PEB won't look at everything. They will only look at page one of the VA Form 21-0819. So if it isn't listed on page one they won't consider it as a condition that could possibly be unfitting.
Thank you for a reply. I have included all my conditions in va claim and also did c&p exam. I’m just wondering if peb looks after all the claimed condition

tony292

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
The major issue I see is that in the past, and currently, the Condtions that are found unfitting, are only the conditions that were referred to the MEB initially. You could have ten disqualifying conditions... but the only ones that are counted are the ones referred to the MEB. So the rest are ignored. This isn’t the way it should be, but this is the way that it is.

Make sure that you get those
Other conditions documented on your commanders statement,
Doctors notes, etc. that’s the only way you’ll get them counted.

tony292

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Initially, I was referred to the MEB for neurological conditions. At the time I also had a lot of psych issues. So I had to get my psych issues referred to the MEB. This was difficult. I had to be honest about munmental
Health to my commander and have him do the commanders rate me to include why I wasn’t fit for duty for mental health... instead of just making the commanders statement only about physical health.

Sumaz

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Initially, I was referred to the MEB for neurological conditions. At the time I also had a lot of psych issues. So I had to get my psych issues referred to the MEB. This was difficult. I had to be honest about munmental
Health to my commander and have him do the commanders rate me to include why I wasn’t fit for duty for mental health... instead of just making the commanders statement only about physical health.
Thank you

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">