script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

MEB Process

jpbaker1988

PEB Forum Regular Member
To say the least, I am completely lost. I am stationed at Fort Campbell currently and I was referred to MEB for acute kidney failure, liver damage, and rhabdomyolysis. I completed the patient history report and gave a copy of my profile to the MEB office and was told that I would be called in 6-8 weeks. It is now week 16. I have called them on multiple occasions and they stated that they are waiting for my medical records and once that occurred, they would call me to make an appointment with my Peblo. Is this normal for this to take that long just for them to receive my records? I have a year left in the army before my ETS date and I have no idea how long the process takes or even if I am going to be Med Boarded. No one has any information for me and I dont even know if they lost my paperwork or what but I am curious if anyone else has had this issue. Would these injuries cause me to be med boarded? How long does this process normally take and what should I be expecting? Thanks.

michigan0782

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
It may be a good time to call your patient advocacy rep. This is YOUR career, YOUR potential medical retirement at stake. Bug them, nag them, if one person isnt doing their job then go to the next higher.

Retrobungalow

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Location: Blanchfield Army Community Hospital 4th Floor A Building Rooms 4AA19 and 4AA21.
Point of Contact: Phone: (270)798-8718
Alternate: (270)798-8091

It took them about 6 to 7 weeks to get my medical records and to get them copied. I kept going to the 4th floor and asking each week. Good luck.

Retrobungalow

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Just for information the IDES section has moved to the old dental clinic by LaPointe. I found that out today, I guess they had to move from BACH.

jpbaker1988

PEB Forum Regular Member
So here's an update on the MEB process. I went to the new MEB office to check on the status and they stated that they had the medical records that they requested in August, but they just haven't been copied yet. So, for the past 2 1/2 months, all they have been waiting on is for someone to go to a copy machine and copy my medical records. I understand that there are a lot of people going through this process but 2 1/2 months for copies? Really? It wouldn't be so bad if my company wasn't breathing down my throat for a new update. I'm not even really worried about getting out or not. Worse comes to worse, I ets in Oct. 2012 but I don't want to worry about my illness/injury forever. I just wanted to be treated for them instead of being pushed out of the army with a check.

rickman

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
You have to push them through each step. My doctor at my MTF said he was going to refer me to the MEB in June 2011. I ASSUMED this was done but after September rolled around, I discovered it had not when I went to request copies of my records for myself. I received a phone call the next day stating my records were copied and sent off for the MEB. I asked my commander to send off the MEQ letter to be included with the package. I had to bug her 3 times to get that done and again ASSUMED it was all taken care of. By the end of October, I discovered that the PEBLO had not received anything (records or letter). I had to elevate the issue to my BASE COMMANDER to get action taken. My commander sent off the letter again (so she says). Here it is mid-November and I still do not know if the photocopy of my records were ever found or resent (possible Privacy Act and HIPPA violation - unless they were never sent in September). I do know that the MEQ letter was sent off (apparently for a third time) to the MTF to be included with the package.

It's your MEB. They seem to take the attitude that it's not their problem. STAY ON TOP OF YOUR CASE!!! My ETS is February 2012 and I am getting a little nervous because if I am not officially in the DES by then (Medical Hold), they will not let me reenlist or extend. I am beginning to think they are trying to wait this out to let my ETS disqualify me for the MEB - especially since the MTF will have some explaining to do for letting me deploy with a back condition last year.

jpbaker1988

PEB Forum Regular Member
So I finally got the call. I have an appointment on the 29th this month at the MEB office. For anyone who has gone through this process before, what should I be expecting during this appointment. Are there any questions that you wished that you asked during this point in the process that would be beneficial? To all the Fort Campbell soldiers waiting for word on their paperwork. Apparently, they now have a detail of soldiers that are tasked out to make the copies of the medical files. Thank you to all who have responded to my other posts on the threads.

Retrobungalow

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Do you know who your MEB doctor is? Shoot me a PM on here and I can tell you about mine and a buddy's MEB doctor. The Dr. I had was actually really into helping me. We both worked on my dictation together for about 3 hours. He was very helpful and actually made me sit and listen to him do the dictation to the dictation service and made me correct him if he made a mistake. My buddy's MEB Dr. on the other hand was the exact opposite.

jpbaker1988

PEB Forum Regular Member
Hello Everyone! Its been a while. I am now at the point where my dictation was sent to Fort Sam Houston for the PEB. Any idea how long it takes to find whether I am fit/unfit? They received it on 24 February 2012. Anyone know how much time I have left approximately in the whole process. Thanks