script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

MEB Process

Maddog123

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
if you have 64.5 days of leave as of this month, then you will have February, March, April, May, June and half of July still to account for leave days. So 2.5 days of leave times 5 months equals 12.5 days plus 1.25 for half of July equals 13.75 days plus your already saved 64.5 equals 77.75 days of leave by 17 July 2020.

Now backtrack 78 days from July 17 and that date is April 30th 2020.

April 30th 2020 or any day after that is the date you need to have your Entire IDES process complete.

any date before than you will miss your 20 years Active Duty.

plus you have up to 20 days of PTDY for house hunting and job hunting that I haven’t calculated into the equation.

if you haven’t even been through the fit physical, it sounds to me that you still have lots of the IDES system to complete.

April 30 2020 is only 92 days from today. I am confident that your entire IDES process including all appeals will take you way past 92 days.

in my humble opinion, you will certainly got your 20 years of Active Duty of 17 July 2020

RC MEB

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
That was one thing I wasn’t really sure of will I get the 20 days PTDY? I have ready that once your final stuff comes back and you agree you have to be out in less than 90 days

heathro1281

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
20 Days PTDY is allotted by your command, it isn't guaranteed but it is almost always approved. Special cases precluded from getting PTDY for House Hunting granted.

Russ35057

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
20 Days PTDY is allotted by your command, it isn't guaranteed but it is almost always approved. Special cases precluded from getting PTDY for House Hunting granted.
If you have a job lined up and you are not moving your command will not approve the 20 Days PTDY.

Russ35057

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
then that might be a Maybe on the PTDY but don't get your hopes up.

Maddog123

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I would suggest that due to being medically retired and loosing the military income, you very well need to relocate to a less expensive place...that should justify the house hunting 10 days and since you don’t have a job as of right now, that alone justifies the other 10 days for job hunting.