MEB Question?

LeoS

Registered Member
I recently came off of active duty orders on June 6th, 2018. I have 20 years of service, 14 years of active duty combined with National Guard and Reserves but 20"good years" total.

This past week I began the MEB process with HRC.

When I came off of orders in June, I went through the VA C&P process and was rated @ 100% T&P. All of my injuries are service connected and occurred in combat.

Will this determination help support my MEB process? I assume that it will, but insight and experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Padgettra

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I recently came off of active duty orders on June 6th, 2018. I have 20 years of service, 14 years of active duty combined with National Guard and Reserves but 20"good years" total.

This past week I began the MEB process with HRC.

When I came off of orders in June, I went through the VA C&P process and was rated @ 100% T&P. All of my injuries are service connected and occurred in combat.

Will this determination help support my MEB process? I assume that it will, but insight and experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
LeoS, thank you for your service! Yes, this should bode well and support the MEB. My question is if you went through de-mobilization with all of these declared medical conditions, then you should have been retained on active duty awaiting the conclusion of the MEB process that should have be initiated in the de-mob process. You may still be able to request active duty while processing the MEB. Best regards and thank you for your service. Ron P

LeoS

Registered Member
When I went through the de-mob process @ Fort Bragg all of the conditions where notated but I did not want to be an E-8 stuck in the WTU. I opted to do it my way. Ha. It is probably not the right way, but I did not want to be away from my family after two back to back Afghan deployments.

My thinking was that I would go through the VA process while submitting my documents to my COC for a potential med board. The VA process went quicker than expected and was completed before my Med board was initiated.

Padgettra

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
When I went through the de-mob process @ Fort Bragg all of the conditions where notated but I did not want to be an E-8 stuck in the WTU. I opted to do it my way. Ha. It is probably not the right way, but I did not want to be away from my family after two back to back Afghan deployments.

My thinking was that I would go through the VA process while submitting my documents to my COC for a potential med board. The VA process went quicker than expected and was completed before my Med board was initiated.
Well that is a good reason to pick that course of action. You may still be able to be placed on MEDCON orders while processing through the MEB process. My illness was not entirely the same for I was able to return to my federal dual status job while waiting for the process. Best of luck to you and family and thank for your service to State and Country.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">