MEB Question

SamB1978

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I've been reading through some posts, and it seems people who find out they are being MEB'd are contacted by someone within a few days.

Here is my situation:

Saw PCM Sept 22, 2019 due to recurring back and knee problems. Had (2nd) back surgery a few months ago. So after the Dr saw me she put me on profile for my upcoming PFT.
I was about to head to my PT test and went to print out my profile and at the bottom it said "Member undergoing MEB Process....". - So, this is how I find out I am being MEB'd.

AF 469 is dated Sept 23rd, 2019. I saw this Oct 17, 2019. Of course after I saw this, I went to check my records on Virtual MPF and I am already code 37 (No PCS, TDY, etc..)

Now, I'm not upset about being MEB'd. I have 21 years in and could care less if I get medically retired...bring it... but it seems the process is not going the way it should?

It is now Oct 29th, 2019 and I have not heard from my PCM or PEBLO? Any Advice? Is it too early to have been assigned a PEBLO?

Are you on a guard/reserve base or active duty base with a fully functioning Medical Group? I am on a guard base without a fully functioning Medical Unit, my MEB was forwarded to an Active Base, this delayed me getting a PEBLO and VA VSO by a couple weeks. I knew I was entering the MEB though so I never freaked out. Undergoing the MEB process may mean your records were sent to the DAWG to determine deployability and retainment status. You may still be just referred to the DAWG and all may come back fit and retainable and then the MEB will be over... just depends on where you are in the early stages... ask your highest Med Group contact.

What did you go to find this on vMPF?

This is usually found first on your 422 or 469 found in your IMR website, linked in AF Portal.

This is usually found first on your 422 or 469 found in your IMR website, linked in AF Portal.

On VMpf if you go to "personal Information" then "Current duty information" I looked at Assignment and Deployment availability and it stated I'm on MEB deferment, and gives an expiration date. On my surf is where it states what code MEB is which is "37"

Are you on a guard/reserve base or active duty base with a fully functioning Medical Group? I am on a guard base without a fully functioning Medical Unit, my MEB was forwarded to an Active Base, this delayed me getting a PEBLO and VA VSO by a couple weeks. I knew I was entering the MEB though so I never freaked out. Undergoing the MEB process may mean your records were sent to the DAWG to determine deployability and retainment status. You may still be just referred to the DAWG and all may come back fit and retainable and then the MEB will be over... just depends on where you are in the early stages... ask your highest Med Group contact.

Im active, stationed on Sheppard AFB. You may be right about the DAWG

On VMpf if you go to "personal Information" then "Current duty information" I looked at Assignment and Deployment availability and it stated I'm on MEB deferment, and gives an expiration date. On my surf is where it states what code MEB is which is "37"

mine says medical deferment as well. The restrictions on my surf are 31 and 1910, whatever those are