MEB SC Question

aliceaje

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Ok, I'm in the MEB process, and havent field claims yet. I have several neurological symptoms and a few neurological diagnosis. My question is, since my diagnosis that I have, and what I was referred to the MEB for, are symptoms of Parkinsonism, can I claim parkinsonism, and if needed, might not need to, but can I connect that with my rotation in Korea(2017), because of the pollution, and the army issuing several air pollution warnings in my 9months stay?

Note, I was not diagnosed with parkinsonism, but the symptoms and diagnosis(s) I have had and held over the course of 2yrs are symptoms of parkinsonism

Here is the list I plan to claim, I'll assume half will be lumped into a single disabiliting condition
May end up being completely reworked later
1 Depression condition
2 Anxiety condition
3 Tremors condition
4 Memory Loss condition
5 Weakness condition
6 Sleep apnea condition
7 Social Anxiety Condition
8 Colonoscopy
9 Back pain condition
10 Axonal Polyneuropathy, Progressive condition
11 Eating Disorder condition
12 GERD condition
Obesity??
13 Social Withdrawl condition
14 Shin Splint condition
15 Chronic bronchitis condition
16 Parkinsonism condition***
17 Trust issue condition
18 Shaky legs condition
19 Numbness in extremities condition
20 Neurological condition
21 Self deprecating condition
22 Suicidal condition
23 Knee pain condition
24 Back pain condition
25 Neck pain condition
26 Hip pain condition
27 Shoulder pain condition
28 Unbalanced condition
29 Short Gait condition
30 Slow walking condition
31 Hemherroid condition
32 Falling condition
33 Stiff ankle condition
34 Insomnia condition
35 Weakness condition
36 Confusion/ disorientated condition
37 Tear (CS) gas exposed x 3
38 Extrapyramidal condition
39 Bradley Exhaust fumes exposure
40 S. Korea Air Pollution Exsposure

————————————————
My Tremors Symptoms
Hands shaking extended
Shaking worsens in anxious situations
Fumbling and dropping objects (like my cellphone)
Knees buckle on occasion when standing
Feet catch the ground when walking, causing trips and rolled ankles
Stride is short and appears slow compared to the people
Legs shake when extended or supporting more than body weight
Fingers shake when typing

I'm a bit confused, you said you were MEB'ed for symptoms of Parkinsonism but were not diagnosed with Parkinsons. So what was the actual condition the doctor referred you for?

I have the symptoms. I was referred to the MEB for tremor and polyneuropathy. I also have diagnosis of weakness, and have been pron to fall via rolling my ankle. So if I have what would fall under parkinsons in crf 40-501 chapter 3, can I claim parkinsons without a diagnosis.

I would be wary of diagnosing yourself and claiming conditions that you have not been diagnosed with, especially something as big as parkinsons. Parkinsons should be diagnosed by a neurologist via review of medical history, neuro tests, etc.. I think the bigger issue would be, if you are convinced you have parkinsons, bring this up to your neurologist as early detection/treatment can improve your quality of life in the long run.

Ok so I posting on someone else's again because I don't know how to start one. I filled a claim back in December last year, 6diffrent things I filled along with an increase for my back. The first of this month they gave a rate increase for my back and closed that portion of my claim. So now they tell me they are sending my other 6 claims all the way back to the begining.so my question is why would I have to start everything all over again. PTSD sleep apnea being 2 of the bigger ones. They sent me to two separate med board with the dr for both of them and tell me they are resending me to med board for issues I've listed. Keep in mind I've been out of military since 1999, I understand why they rushed the claim for increased benefits for my claim I've had for a long time. They didn't wanna hold up that claim when they knew it was going to increase. But why send me all the way to the beginning like I started back in last dec? Any inputs would be awesome. Thanks all