MEB VS Officer Elimination Questions

Amy_mae16

Registered Member
Someone please help me! I received Involuntary Seperation Orders 24 APR 17. I did not resign but chose to Show Cause (which was denied). I started my MEB/ IDES process 05 MAY 17. Finished PEB received 30% DOD/ 100% VA ratings and signed my DA199 27 SEP 17. Apparently it was kicked back around that time and my unit just resubmitted it 30 NOV 17. Just was told today form legal:
On 20 Sept 17, HRC returned your file back to the command for a clerical issue and the file was resubmitted. Therefore, it is likely that you file just cleared HRC and is now in the stack of cases for ARBA to look at. For recent experience, it is likely that a 12 week timeline may be a little quick, but everyone is guessing. I am sorry that I do not have a better answer at this time.

Can someone advise me on what to do if at this point I just want to get out as fast as possible. Since my unit didn’t think originally I had much time left I was left to go to appointments and clear the Army. Now I am being ordered to work with the same people who put me in this mess in the first place. I have extreme Anxiety working around these people and just want some advice since originally I thought I was going to be out right now and was planning to move, start school, lined up a job.

Thank you for any advice you can give me!!

CPTGSC06

Registered Member
Hey guys,

I submitted a resignation and the CG recommended Honorable. When it went up with my 199 to him to review again the CG stuck with Honorable over MEB. To my understanding I can pullback my resignation at any point. Would it be in my best interest to pull my resignation now? My packet is currently at HRC. Would this give me a better change to get my MEB?
Hey man, I'm going through a very similar situation, although my misconduct is strictly administrative in nature and hopefully less punitive. I'm still at the 15-6 stage currently, but I'd like to stay ahead of things. I'm currently awaiting the second signature on my MEB adjudication referral/approval. I'm sure I'm going to be afforded the opportunity to submit a resignation in lieu of. Did you have to pull yours in order for HRC to grant the medical retirement?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Mcarter231

Registered Member
Going through the same received notice end of July. I have until the 20th of Aug to choose an option and my MEB just started Aug 2nd.

Mcarter231

Registered Member
Thanks. I am still unclear as to what option to choose now that the MEB is being processed. However, I have to pick one because of the separation action I am facing as a probationary officer who received a GOMAR and a notice to "show cause." The recommended given with the notice was for an OTH discharge.

WBuck

Registered Member
Mccarter231 are you still on here. Going through the same thing. Received GOMOR June 2018 even though situation was unfounded. Was allowed to continue in my position. Received 2 OERs. Lost my clearance in Apr19 due to the situation and got it back jun19 due to due process. Received elimination paperwork from CG with recommendation of General discharge may19. Selected to resign in may19. While doing my final exam it was determined that I needed to go through MEB for PTSD diagnosis. AUGUST I was notified by HRC and flagged that I had to go through a PRB through special actions and was flagged. I elected to respond and submitted rebuttal. Trying to figure out what to expect. I just completed all appointments as of sep19.

1. Will HRC drop PRB when they see MEB
2. If SEC of Army decides to retain is there any point in my resignation going back to the same place?

Any assistance is helpful

WBuck

Registered Member
Mccarter231 are you still on here. Going through the same thing. Received GOMOR June 2018 even though situation was unfounded. Was allowed to continue in my position. Received 2 OERs. Lost my clearance in Apr19 due to the situation and got it back jun19 due to due process. Received elimination paperwork from CG with recommendation of General discharge may19. Selected to resign in may19. While doing my final exam it was determined that I needed to go through MEB for PTSD diagnosis. AUGUST I was notified by HRC and flagged that I had to go through a PRB through special actions and was flagged. I elected to respond and submitted rebuttal. Trying to figure out what to expect. I just completed all appointments as of sep19.

2. If SEC of Army decides to retain is there any point in my resignation going back to the same place?

Brigade, Battalion, and Company commander also recommended GOMOR to be filed local and that Receive Honorable discharge.

Mcarter231

Registered Member
Hey, I could use some help.
I'm about to guess your going through the same procedure I went through as a dual process MEB vs officer elimination for misconduct. Did you have a board already for elimination or are you a probationary officer? Ask your unit legal what they have submitted to HRC. Both packets should go before the ARBA. You may not need an attorney at this point.

Ask BDE legal.
Talk to your MEB counsel
Talk to TDS
Go to your congressmans office and open an inquiry only to ask where in the process your paperwork is
Call the army special actions branch at HRC for officer eliminations.

Do these before spending money on counsel. PM me as I have the POC for the special actions branch lead civilian.

Be prepared for this to take some time
Brigade, Battalion, and Company commander also recommended GOMOR to be filed local and that Receive Honorable discharge.

Hey, I am still in the process are you trying to fight the MEB?

WBuck

Registered Member
Hey, I could use some help.

Hey, I am still in the process are you trying to fight the MEB?

Katz11_11 currently waiting for MEB paperwork to come back so that my resignation can go up with MEB. I am probationary. Currently going through a Promotion Review Board (PRB) if SEC of Army says retain, I would no longer be probationary. Would they have to drop the elimination? I'm going to make an appointment with MEB Legal. My BDE legal is no help.

WBuck

Registered Member
Katz11_11 currently waiting for MEB paperwork to come back so that my resignation can go up with MEB. I am probationary. Currently going through a Promotion Review Board (PRB) if SEC of Army says retain, I would no longer be probationary. Would they have to drop the elimination? I'm going to make an appointment with MEB Legal. My BDE legal is no help.
@mcarter not trying to fight MEB.

Mcarter231

Registered Member
If I am not mistaken PRB is about whether or not you stay on the promotion list and not about retention in the military. Unless this is your second look. Need more information to understand fully.

So, the CG recommended a General discharge did he recommend a show cause board? Did he recommend filing the GOMAR in your OMPF? This would be where if they said retain that the elimination would be dropped.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">