script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

MEB

medic75

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am a SSG with 9 yrs in AD. I underwent a L5-S1 fusion Sept. 2010 and have reoccuring issues with the pain. I also have various other chronic problems; arthritis in both feet and carpal tunnel, tension headaches from back. I am concerned that is I go to a MMRB then I will not receive a high enough % to get retired (over 30%?) How long does it take to get a VA rating? What are average ratings for various ailments? My primary concern is that I cannot pay my bills and support my family.

SGT Bob

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I had fusion of T7-T8 and also have degenerative disc disease and foraminal stenosis. So far, the best estimates that I have seen run from 20% to 40% just for my back. But, there are so many variables, it is impossible to say what anyone will get for certain. With the new IDES system, the MEB and VA are done simultaneously so you would know your VA rating prior to getting out. From everything that I have read, the VA rating is usually much higher than the DOD rating. The best advice that Ican give you is to thoroughly read this site and use the search tool. There is a wealth of information here for you. Good luck!