MED Board & PT Failure

Kaezzz

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was curious if im in the MED board process due to mental health which inpacts my PT. I cannot be by myself because thoughts run through my head so I refuse to run which will make me fail. I was on a waiver for this exact reason but its expired and I honestly dont care anymore for testing. I workout 5 times a week for 1-2 hours, however it is lifting. It was recommended for me to start doing that a year and a half ago to help with depression and suicidal idealations. I still do that today and im stronger than ever. However I cannot run/walk for long periods of time, being by myself keeps me thinking about other stuff and gets me more depressed. I tried for months trying to run but I start breaking down and at work im breaking down but I keep it in until lunch. Wife attempted suicide a month ago. This was her second time and I just cant be in anymore. I tried as well. Im on anti depressants. Lifting weights helps with my self confidence and it helps with my anxiety around people. The reason lifting is better for me than running is that you are constantly moving around doing something with weights, switching excercises and other things. With running its just run straight for so long and I cannot handle that mentally.

Anyway my question is can I get discharged from the airforce due to PT failures if im going through a MED board? Ive never failed a pt test and im choosing to refuse to run and im going to fail my next PT test. Im tired of having suicidal thoughts and being depressed all the time and if not running will help me not be that way I will do whatever I can do help myself.

I feel like a POS that I cannot run and people look down at me but I have to look after myself and do what is best for my life not the Air Force.

mr pig

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm not sure what your command is like, but mine straight up told me they couldn't care less if I fail my pt test since I'll be getting out anyways. I'd talk to your shirt and see what he says. They are there to help in these kinds of situations. Stay strong man, you can do this!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">