Med Board

Wounded082017

Registered Member
Greeting Everyone, this is my first post on this site. After two years and half, I just received the outcome of my LOD for PTSD. It was found In the Line of Duty. Subsequently, I was told I was going to be assigned to a PEBLO. I already received a VA rating of 50% for PTSD. Do I have to go through another C&P exam again? If so, can I just have my current VA psychiatric fill out the necessary forms?

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
If the VA has you rated as P&T, you should not have to undergo another exam. You will have the opportunity to claim and other conditions during the IDES process.

You will be assigned a MSC from the VA who will schedule any C&P evals needed.

LeoS

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Even though you are currently rated and are P&T for PTSD your MSC may advise you to be re-evaluated so that your branch of service will give you a DOD rating for PTSD. If you are Army the likelihood is very high. I experienced this myself, even though I had a VA rating that was P&T. My evaluations had been completed 6 months prior and I still had to do a C&P exam for each unfitting condition for DOD(Army) to give me their reflected rating.

LeoS

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Reading between the lines I suspect you a part of a reserve component since you already have ratings and your LOD has just now been fully processed. The LOD will bode well if you are re-evaluated. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.

Wounded082017

Registered Member
thank you, for replying to my post. Much appreciate it. I will definitely PM you. Any information you can provide would certainly help and ease some of my anxieties. It has been an excruciating process and no one within my unit or Medical SQ is willing to provide any updates. I tried reading the regulations but I’m having a hard time retaining and comprehending what I just read.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">