MEDCON orders and HOR issues

Loadchris83

Registered Member
Hello,

Long story short. I finally received MEDCON orders, 66 days, after fighting for 4 months (LOD). I now am running into a Home of Record (HOR) issue. My HOR is in LA and my Unit is in CA (Guard 18yrs). I am already established with Physical Therapy 3 days a week for 2 months and Orthopedic Dr locally (LA), including Tricare East insurance. Can my unit make me report to them even though it would disrupt my PT and medical issues? Transferring all of my appointments and insurance would be a Logistical nightmare, not to mention I am in a 1 year lease with my rental. The regs are a little gray in this area. Unit Commander has authority to assign alternate location, but I'm starting to feel like they don't know what to do. It would be a hardship on me if they took away my MEDCON because of this because this is my only source of income while I go to appointments and PT. Any help or advice would be great!

-Christian

I'm confused by your post. It appears you fought to get MEDCON orders, but don't want to be where the order will take you. Normally treatment for medical conditions takes place at a MTF.

I applied for MEDCON while I was on a set of training orders for 70 days in CA, figuring they would be done by the time my training orders were up. But MEDCON was not, so I had to return to my HOR because I was not going to pay out of pocket to stick around and see if they would get approved. Fast forward 1 1/2 months later and they got approved. In that 1 1/2 month timeframe, I started and continued to get care for my injury. In short, since they took so long to approve MEDCON I was left no choice but to return to HOR.

I realize this is about 3 months late to the fight... but I went through a similar issue. My unit is in Wichita KS but I live and work near Whiteman AFB in Missouri. 36-2910 has a paragraph that talks about giving your commander authority to authorize an alternate duty location. I drafted an MFR, talked to the Guard unit here at Whiteman, and they "assumed" TACON over me to ensure I report to duty and do work within the confines of my profile. My unit back home still handles my ADCON and all of my MEDCON stuff, which is frustrating, but at least I get to be on order at home versus in another state.

If you are still struggling with this, PM me and I will go into more detail on how to work this out.

Brad

I am appreciate you, you are fighting MEDCON a long time, I am suggest you never loose you thinking, you regular again try do it. Defiantly you achieve your goals