Medical Confusion

Phantom

Registered Member
The army is discharging me under a 5-17 but they have just diagnosed me with orthoscopic hypotension and vertigo. I was wondering if there was anyway I could try and push for a med board instead? I have an appointment with a Neurologist soon.

Hello,

This question has come up a few times recently. The neurologist possibly could refer you to a medical board.

See the following:
-------
Hello,

Recommend you visit with your chain of command concerning your medical condition.

"Many MEB/PEB actions occur when a military member voluntarily presents him/herself at the Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) for medical care. Commanders may, at any time, refer military members to the MTF for a mandatory medical examination, when they believe the member is unable to perform his/her military duties due to a medical condition. This examination may cause conduct of a MEB, which will be forwarded to the PEB when it finds that the member's medical condition falls below medical retention standards."
--non-government source

Medical Evaluation Board (MEB)
Physical Evaluation Board (PEB)"

Ron

I would love to go about doing that but at the current moment me and a few of my battles are being targeted by the command, because we reported some incidents to the IG and so now our company is under investigation. So the command is trying to give us article 15s we have already reported this to our IG and they are tracking but it makes things kind of difficult.

You can file a separate IG for retaliation.

Back