Medical Retirement after VA

E_gr8

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
How goes it? I am a 13 yr AF Reservist (@ 5yrs AD) who recently just got off a 2 yr MPA tour in May. Upon completion I filed for VA and got 100% P&T. I was told I could still drill but would have to choose either my VA pay or have it altered as to not double dip. My questions are, should I be MEB'd? If so, can I be medically retired? VA ratings were OSA-50%; Adjustment/Anxiety-30%; L-spine-20%; TMJ-20%; and a few other smaller ones, all service connected. Have yet to find anything regarding receiving VA ratings before getting boarded. Will continue to look tho. Feels as if I'm in the process backwards. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

How goes it? I am a 13 yr AF Reservist (@ 5yrs AD) who recently just got off a 2 yr MPA tour in May. Upon completion I filed for VA and got 100% P&T. I was told I could still drill but would have to choose either my VA pay or have it altered as to not double dip. My questions are, should I be MEB'd? If so, can I be medically retired? VA ratings were OSA-50%; Adjustment/Anxiety-30%; L-spine-20%; TMJ-20%; and a few other smaller ones, all service connected. Have yet to find anything regarding receiving VA ratings before getting boarded. Will continue to look tho. Feels as if I'm in the process backwards. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Do you have a line of duty determination (LOD) for the condition(s). Are any of them keeping you from performing your duties?

Hey growler. Yes LOD for sleep apnea, anxiety, and arrhythmia. On an annual waiver and cannot be WWQ'd. None necessarily duty prohibitive, but definitely duty limiting

Hey growler. Yes LOD for sleep apnea, anxiety, and arrhythmia. On an annual waiver and cannot be WWQ'd. None necessarily duty prohibitive, but definitely duty limiting

You are in a better position with the LOD's in place. If you would like to push a MEB, you can bring the issues up at the next PHA.

Copy that. Appreciate your response. Any indications on straight seperation, PRDL, or TDRL? Also any idea how long the MEB process takes. I figure it varies depending on the issues, but is there a time limit on how long they have to process you?

Copy that. Appreciate your response. Any indications on straight seperation, PRDL, or TDRL? Also any idea how long the MEB process takes. I figure it varies depending on the issues, but is there a time limit on how long they have to process you?

It would depend on which condition you were found unfit for as far as sep, TDRL or PDRL is concerned, the official timeline for a MEB is published as 295 days but since every case is different, it varies. There is no time limit, my MEB took 4.5 years

It would depend on which condition you were found unfit for as far as sep, TDRL or PDRL is concerned, the official timeline for a MEB is published as 295 days but since every case is different, it varies. There is no time limit, my MEB took 4.5 years

Actually brought all my VA and Med paperwork to my annual PHA and they looked at it and said 'you're good until next year'.

Are you trying to make it to your 20 year mark. If your LOD can get you a active duty retirement,I think I would push for that

Are you trying to make it to your 20 year mark. If your LOD can get you a active duty retirement,I think I would push for that

Not really...im a reservist with 14 'good years' (only 7 active duty). Was thinking they would med board me and possibly med retirement...apparently not.