Medical Retirement PCS Questions

wxmaker

Registered Member
2.5 years in, getting retired. Still living in the dormitory if that has any relevancy here, but mainly I was wondering if I will be able to get any advanced payments from travel allowances considering I’m broke and my move is from California to home of record Virginia. I will be traveling in my personal car with all of my belongings.

2.5 years in, getting retired. Still living in the dormitory if that has any relevancy here, but mainly I was wondering if I will be able to get any advanced payments from travel allowances considering I’m broke and my move is from California to home of record Virginia. I will be traveling in my personal car with all of my belongings.
Hello @wxmaker

See this info from DFAS: ADVANCE TRAVEL PAY Retiring or separating LINK

Advances when Separating or Retiring

Advance travel payments may be authorized for the below entitlements for Separating or Retiring Members if an advance is not specifically prohibited in the orders.

Entitlement% AdvancedAuthorized Issue Date
Member & Dependent Per Diem & Monetary Allowance in Lieu of Transportation (MALT)80%No sooner than 10 days prior to sign-out date in Box 6 on DFAS Form 9114
Personally Procured Moves (PPM) / Do It Yourself Moves (DITY)100%No sooner than 45 days prior to pick-up date in Box 8b on DD2278

Advances are paid via Electronic Fund Transfer. Please submit copy of voided check or SF1199A with advance request. You must submit your travel claim within 5 days of arriving at your new residence. All advance payments must be annotated in block 9 on DD1351-2. Failure to do so may result in a debt to the government and possibly payroll deductions.

Ron