Medical retirement

czthemoment23

Registered Member
I have 16 good years of service with 6 being AD and 10 being ANG. I am now 100% service connected disability but still drilling.
I may be getting medically discharged. Does anyone have information on the pay or when you collect your retirement? Do I still get retirement? How do you know what your pay will be?
Thank you

I have 16 good years of service with 6 being AD and 10 being ANG. I am now 100% service connected disability but still drilling.
I may be getting medically discharged. Does anyone have information on the pay or when you collect your retirement? Do I still get retirement? How do you know what your pay will be?
Thank you
If you receive DoD disability retired pay (DoD at or above 30% is required), your disability multiplier will likely be the percentage awarded as a result of the board's findings.
The higher of the DoD disability percentage or the longevity multiplier will be used.

Average high three base pay (total of highest 36 months of base pay divided by 36) x the disability percentage (or longevity multiplier) = disability retired pay in your case (projected)/

That retired pay will be reduced dollar for dollar in the amount of VA compensation received. Any residual retired pay will be retained by you.

If you qualify for Combat Related Special Compensation, see A Supplement to CRSC Information <---LINK

Ron

Last edited:
I may be getting medically discharged. Does anyone have information on the pay or when you collect your retirement? Do I still get retirement?

You should begin to draw DoD disability retirement pay after about a month of being medically retired. For guard members it may take a few months for your DFAS retired account to be set up. I had to contact DFAS multiple times to get this done, so be proactive.

Also may help