Medically Discharged May 9 but still no information in ebenefits

Tdgentleman

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
So, I was rated at 30%, accepted my findings, gave my direct deposit info to my VSO, and in ebenefits under historical claims it does show the closed claim. However, the same claim appears under open claims, my direct deposit info does not appear on ebenefits where it should (just my mailing address), and under the disabilities tab it still days "N/A," and under letters still shows no service connected disabilities. Should i be worried or should i just give this more time? As an aside, I did recieve severance pay but it was deemed non-va recoupable and says so clearly on my dd-214. Also had the VSO upload the dd-214 on ebenefits. So, i dont know, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can offer that you are able to enter the direct deposit information yourself on eBenefits. That might be something to consider...

I am unfamiliar with the other processes you mentioned.

You probably are aware that the VA claim information regarding stage, completed, rates, etc., are not directly entered into eBenefits; it is an information aggregatior. In other words, no individual is updating eBenefits (at the VA) for your account. eBenefits is somewhat like a pirate system, in that it takes information from other VA systems and the results are shown on eBenefits.

There are people working on your claim, but they do not directly update the system you are viewing; they update other systems. Several VA employees (VSR and VRSR) have said that they never look at eBenefits; it does not affect the manner in which they process claims.

If course there are features of eBenefits that one can directly use and effect change. Deposit deposit information, filing of claims and related actions come to mind.

Good luck,
Ron

Thank you for the reply. Interestingly, ebenefits wont let me update my direct deposit information because it says that you can only do that if you have a claim that is under consideration for compensation or has been awarded compensation. So, idk. Maybe im just expecting it all to be sorted out a little too quickly.

The IDES claim has been closed, right now they are finalizing your ratings, that typically takes about 30 days.