Medread Temporarily Dq'd - help

JP2

Registered Member
Hello all -

I am having concerns that I haven't found much information about so I figured I'd give this a shot.

I am in the process of enlisting into the Air Force but have been placed on a 3 month TDQ after sending in my medread.

I recently had a very small ganglion cyst drained and they placed me in the temp dq to "heal." My doctor that performed the procedure and cleared me was previously enlisted and says there is no way this would affect my ability to perform active duty tasks whatsoever. My recruiter also says it's a formality and one more clearance letter in 3 months will clear everything up. However, I am FREAKING OUT.

Just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar situation or if anyone has any information? I know everything is on a situation by situation basis but this cyst is so minor that I'm regretting ever mentioning it. All I want to do is serve.

Any information would be great. Thanks!

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Enlistment standards are higher than retention standards. Many decades ago, the meds folks ran me through the mill also. It took months to get medical cleared. Hang in there, it will be worth the wait!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">