Melanoma, Skin Cancer, and Scars.

BuddyBoy

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Folks - first time posting. I'm going through the IDES process. Pretty lost. 23 years Navy.
I've had three incidents of melanoma in-situ (hasn't spread) - legs and nose. All surgically
removed. Am I right in understanding that I will just be rated for scars? I'm sure I wouldnt
be rated for melanoma if it was removed. I did check the other threads but may have missed
something. Any help much appreciated. This is a great site. Thank you.

Folks - first time posting. I'm going through the IDES process. Pretty lost. 23 years Navy.
I've had three incidents of melanoma in-situ (hasn't spread) - legs and nose. All surgically
removed. Am I right in understanding that I will just be rated for scars? I'm sure I wouldnt
be rated for melanoma if it was removed. I did check the other threads but may have missed
something. Any help much appreciated. This is a great site. Thank you.

Well buddyboy,

I to am going thru the IDES process and it was started because of my malignant melanoma. Since this was discovered while I am still on AD orders, it was deemed serviced connected. I have had a number of surgeries and is was all removed. I have received my VA ratings and I was rated 0% for the cancer because it is removed and I am in remission. The 0% rating with service connection is huge because anything that results from that condition or if it comes back.... they will be fully covered. I did get a 20% rating for the scars though. Any questions, feel free to shoot me a msg.

Melanoma on the nose, even with successful surgery can be rated as
1537998185093.png

1537998250802.png

Wow. Thank you, chaplaincharlie. I had a chunk taken out of my nose, but nothing compared to what SeniorMech went through.
Thanks for your help - both of you - really appreciate it. I'll probably post another question about.....you guessed it....
the back. I'll go through the other posts first, though.