Mental Health C&P Exam Question

NeedHelpPlease

Registered Member
I served in the Army and got out in 2010. I was granted a 70% rating for adjustment disorder. My doctors have been suggesting I try to get it increased to 100%, so I've started that process.

I did a DBQ with my psychiatrist and took it to the DAV. He said it looked good and I shouldn't have an issue getting to 100%.

Now the VA is calling me for a C&P exam at a hospital I've never been to, to see a doctor I've never met and I'm beyond horrified. I have to go to this appointment in 2 hours and I'm shaking in my office scared to leave the house. I'm terrified they're going to lower my rating or deny my claim.

I don't know what to do. I don't know what to expect. I don't know what to say. Can anyone help me? Give me some advice at all? I'm so fucking scared.

oddpedestrian

Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yes, they can schedule you a C&P exam and the fact that you are requesting a 100% rating for MH this is standard. I'm little late letting you know this but it would have been a good idea to give the examiner the DBQ so they can see the opinion and either concur or rebut it. Any time you put in for a new SC or increase expect a C&P exam even if you give them a DBQ.

Warrior644

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I served in the Army and got out in 2010. I was granted a 70% rating for adjustment disorder. My doctors have been suggesting I try to get it increased to 100%, so I've started that process.

I did a DBQ with my psychiatrist and took it to the DAV. He said it looked good and I shouldn't have an issue getting to 100%.

Now the VA is calling me for a C&P exam at a hospital I've never been to, to see a doctor I've never met and I'm beyond horrified. I have to go to this appointment in 2 hours and I'm shaking in my office scared to leave the house. I'm terrified they're going to lower my rating or deny my claim.

I don't know what to do. I don't know what to expect. I don't know what to say. Can anyone help me? Give me some advice at all? I'm so fucking scared.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Hopefully, all went well at your DoVA C&P examination for adjustment disorder and you were able to respond effectively to the questions which were asked. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">