Mental Health C&P Exam Question

NeedHelpPlease

Registered Member
I served in the Army and got out in 2010. I was granted a 70% rating for adjustment disorder. My doctors have been suggesting I try to get it increased to 100%, so I've started that process.

I did a DBQ with my psychiatrist and took it to the DAV. He said it looked good and I shouldn't have an issue getting to 100%.

Now the VA is calling me for a C&P exam at a hospital I've never been to, to see a doctor I've never met and I'm beyond horrified. I have to go to this appointment in 2 hours and I'm shaking in my office scared to leave the house. I'm terrified they're going to lower my rating or deny my claim.

I don't know what to do. I don't know what to expect. I don't know what to say. Can anyone help me? Give me some advice at all? I'm so fucking scared.

Yes, they can schedule you a C&P exam and the fact that you are requesting a 100% rating for MH this is standard. I'm little late letting you know this but it would have been a good idea to give the examiner the DBQ so they can see the opinion and either concur or rebut it. Any time you put in for a new SC or increase expect a C&P exam even if you give them a DBQ.

Hope you made it to your exam.

I served in the Army and got out in 2010. I was granted a 70% rating for adjustment disorder. My doctors have been suggesting I try to get it increased to 100%, so I've started that process.

I did a DBQ with my psychiatrist and took it to the DAV. He said it looked good and I shouldn't have an issue getting to 100%.

Now the VA is calling me for a C&P exam at a hospital I've never been to, to see a doctor I've never met and I'm beyond horrified. I have to go to this appointment in 2 hours and I'm shaking in my office scared to leave the house. I'm terrified they're going to lower my rating or deny my claim.

I don't know what to do. I don't know what to expect. I don't know what to say. Can anyone help me? Give me some advice at all? I'm so fucking scared.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Hopefully, all went well at your DoVA C&P examination for adjustment disorder and you were able to respond effectively to the questions which were asked. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!