Mental health doctor frustration

Peartree74

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am frustrated.... I have been going to mental health now for 12 years. Been on 8 different meds over that time. In June 2011 from being so stressed I had a tragic incident happen with my newborn baby that I now suffer from PTSD over it, anxiety through the roof, and made some changes in my life to ensure I never ever have a tragedy like this again. I am blessed that my baby girl is perfectly healthy happy and that is all I care about. But, it is something I can't get over. My Air Force career has also not been the center of my life anymore because of it. After 17 years in the military I failed my pt test for the first time because of my unraveling. I have been on a profile for almost 2 years for tendinitis, carpel tunnel, uncontrolled high blood pressure, and also because I am also considered high risk. Usually for suicide but in my case for having nervous breakdowns at work. I am constantly tired, no energy, I cry more at work than ever and my doctors answer to it all is suck it up and just pass your pt test! Really??? That is just an result of my unraveling over the past year and a half. Ever time I bring up please medically retire me...he treats me like I am a fake that just thought this up! That really pisses me off. His answer is, lets try a new med! This is not as easy as it sounds...it's like purposely sticking your hand in boiling way to hope there is relief on the other side. I'm a raging bitch! My family suffers, and I'm not doing that to them again!

Why do some people get meb's for far less than all my symptoms put together? I am afraid that I will be kicked out for pt failures instead of him realizing I should be meb'd. It's is so frustrating. I know I will fail my second one in 3 weeks and then 90 days after that if I fail again...you are kicked out. Somebody please help me with this.....thanks

I am frustrated.... I have been going to mental health now for 12 years. Been on 8 different meds over that time. In June 2011 from being so stressed I had a tragic incident happen with my newborn baby that I now suffer from PTSD over it, anxiety through the roof, and made some changes in my life to ensure I never ever have a tragedy like this again. I am blessed that my baby girl is perfectly healthy happy and that is all I care about. But, it is something I can't get over. My Air Force career has also not been the center of my life anymore because of it. After 17 years in the military I failed my pt test for the first time because of my unraveling. I have been on a profile for almost 2 years for tendinitis, carpel tunnel, uncontrolled high blood pressure, and also because I am also considered high risk. Usually for suicide but in my case for having nervous breakdowns at work. I am constantly tired, no energy, I cry more at work than ever and my doctors answer to it all is suck it up and just pass your pt test! Really??? That is just an result of my unraveling over the past year and a half. Ever time I bring up please medically retire me...he treats me like I am a fake that just thought this up! That really pisses me off. His answer is, lets try a new med! This is not as easy as it sounds...it's like purposely sticking your hand in boiling way to hope there is relief on the other side. I'm a raging bitch! My family suffers, and I'm not doing that to them again!

Why do some people get meb's for far less than all my symptoms put together? I am afraid that I will be kicked out for pt failures instead of him realizing I should be meb'd. It's is so frustrating. I know I will fail my second one in 3 weeks and then 90 days after that if I fail again...you are kicked out. Somebody please help me with this.....thanks

You always have the right to have a second opinion from another doctor, no matter what. I suggest you have the common courtesy to notify the doc that you want to see someone else, one that he is not in his particular circle. If that doc threatens you with and UCMJ, you stand up say, "I know my rights, I am going directly to Patient Advocacy and reporting you for the treatment of trying to silence my rights for seeking a second opinion, and I will also be going to IG to file a complaint" see what he says, if they still refuse, then walk out and do exactly that. Jag can supply you with the info that the doc cannot, in no way shape or for punish you for seeking a second opinion.