MEPS waiver chances??

Torres

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
What are the chances of still being able to enlist into the Air Force if I have an S/P ORIF and the screws pop out of the skin? I’ve always wanted to be in the AF, but I feel that this is going to be an issue

If you are saying you have an exposed screw from an "internal" fixation; you would likely be rejected. Have you seen your orthopedic surgeon lately?

If you are saying you have an exposed screw from an "internal" fixation; you would likely be rejected. Have you seen your orthopedic surgeon lately?
Yes I have And they said that I have no restrictions and that I am able to enlist( the surgery was 3-4 years ago and I have no issues at all) I gave it to my recruiter and he sent it out to the surgeon General. I’m waiting on his response now. The screws aren’t exposed to where you actually see the them (they didn’t break skin), but if you run you’re fingers over them then you can feel the screws. Im just not sure if that would really have an effect on my chances of being approved by the surgeon General and being able to enlist into the AF

Technically you can get a waiver for anything. That doesn't mean there has ever been a waiver for your condition.

A big part of it comes down to how many qualified applicants they have for the job you are applying for.

If they need people in the area you are qualified for, waivers can be generous.

It sounds like the screw may have backed out a tad. When you said "pop out of the skin" I thought you meant through the skin.

If your note from the ortho doc says everything is good; then you are probably waiver-able.

I am found unfit for pancreatitis and goalbader problem but I want to stay in. Doctors have recomended if I get the goalblader removed I might not have this problems anymore. What are the chances of convincing the PEB to let me have the surgery and stay in the Arm? TIA !